Opinion about Louis Vuitton

BagFan5932

O.G.
Jan 8, 2013
So I have been wanting a Louis Vuitton bag as my starter for my collection. I love bags in general but I've always been drawn to the LV monogram bc it's so classic to me. Anyway, I went to neimans this weekend and was looking at their bag section before heading to LV and I was talking to the SA and they said to not even bother with brands such as LV, Gucci, or Prada. It really hurt my feelings bc all I really want to carry is louis nothing else makes me happier than that monogram. I think he was trying to make me buy a higher priced bag for commission?

What are your opinions on this? Why do you buy Louis Vuitton? What makes you coming back?

I like that they are never on sale. They are always in style and they look great on anyone with any wardrobe from trendy to classic to jeans and sweatshirts!

I am in no way trying to hurt anyone's feelings or start anything like that. I am just curious what makes you a loyal customer to Mr. Vuitton!

A similar thing happened to me over the summer. An SA at Nordstrom was sort of talking down about LV and said she preferred Givenchy and Balenciaga because it was less common. It all boils down to reference and taste. Who says someone can't like LV and "higher priced designers" at the same time? Didn't stop me from loving LV!

:nono: This bothers me a lot. For an SA to talk down a brand and try to talk someone out of buying it is very unprofessional. I have Coach, LV and Gucci and I love them all. If you love LV, then buy it and don't let anyone talk you out of it. I know what you mean about the monogram-so timelessly classic and elegant. Hope you get something soon that you love.:heart::tender:

I think it is a matter of personal opinion and I am glad that you didn't let the SA dissuade you from buying LV :smile:

I love LV because they have a wide range of styles. I can go with the Multicolore, Mono, Damier ebene... depending on my wardrobe or what I just feel like wearing on that day. LV canvas is also quite durable. The designs are also very functional. I just love this brand and am so happy to find LV lovers on this forum too!

So sad. Even a hint of snob. Ever since I started purchasing LV, I have remembered that I am fortunate and shouldn't rag on other brands. If anything, I talk more about the LV quality and timelessness! All about the lvoe, people :smile:

The SA rounds unprofessional and she shouldn't be dissing any brand. Buy what you love and don't listen to others... Personally I love LV and Chanel, I buy it because it makes me happy.

I bought a second LV for my everyday bag as its more durable than my balenciaga. I dont feel i have to baby it as much but you cant beat balenciaga leather so i will still use mine.

It is slightly annoying that i see so many LV mono neverfulls, i have never seen an eggplant city in real life so it does make me feel less like a sheep. My neverfull is so much more practical so for that reason alone it currently tops my bal city.

The SA probably got turned down a job at LV and now disgruntled. :roflmfao:

Don't be sad, and enjoy your LV. Not a lot of people have the luxury to buy LVs so count your blessings and enjoy what you love.

I love the fact that its designed to be luxurious AND used all at the same time, its not luxury just to look at, and it stands the test of time in a quality and fashion sense,
You have just got to look at pics only of Audrey hep carrying her speedy….