OPI vs CG

jazzyj1021

Sunshine&Lollipops
Nov 13, 2011
Sorry if this has done before..
but Im curious to hear others opinions.
which do you like better? what bothers you about the formulas? which do you think have better colors?

I agree that the formula varies between colors/finishes within each brand.

However, I do prefer China Glaze to OPI most of the time. I find the formula for the colors I'm generally drawn to better in ChG. And IN GENERAL, I am more likely to like entire collections of ChG vs picking and choosing a few here and there from different collections in OPI.

That said, OPI comes out with more collections and more varied colors more often. I just checked my collection and I have about 30-35 ChG and twice that many OPIs.

But when ChG comes out with a collection, it's usually more unique, in my opinion.

So, no need to pick between them for me. I love both!

I couldn't possibly choose. I'm an equal oppurtunist when it comes to polish.

I will say - I buy more LE OPI than ChG. I buy my LE OPI at the salon where I get my hurr did, and the man who does my hair is also the manager. However, he's a bit of a flake, and he'll end up holding on to collections and forgetting to put them out. Finally, the head honcho came down and reminded him he had LE OPIs still needed to put out and sold, and the Circus, Texas, America, Fall & Pirates ended up all coming out around the same time there. Managing to get Mermaid's Tears and Sparrow long after Trade Secrets had sold out was awesome, though.

However, Sally is almost a little too on the ball, I rarely get any ChG LE stuff - sells out long before I remember I should probably check out Sally's more often. But I love what I've tried of the ChG perm. stuff.

for 2.99???OMG thats really cheap!!!:3 good for you!!
for me, I like OPI more because their finish is more shiny and most of them are very smooth
I only have a few of CG because I only know one store selling them and with a very limited choices.

I used to LOVE opi, but recently i found chg glass fleck, so now i like both. However in opi's defense, I'm probably getting almost all of the holland collection when it comes out because the shimmers look amazing.