OPI GelColor Swatches Only

Man, I need to post here more--by the time I remember to post again, I have so many swatches I forget what I have and haven't posted. And worst of all, I miss everyone's lovely pictures!

My application at the base looks a little messy in some of these photos, but it's the color that matters...right?

First I've got two photos with OPI Gelcolor "Suzi Says Feng Shui". It's a nice creme color, but not really unique--it reminds me of Gelish's "Sugar Daddy" for some reason...but it did work great in two coats! The gel I've paired it with is another brand--Nailuv's "Merry Mermaid".

The next two photos are one of my Halloween Manicures--I used Red Carpet Manicure's "Fake Bake" as a base, and on top of that I dabbled on a coat of OPI Gelcolor "Skyfall". It works great for blood. :biggrin:

Then the last three are Gelcolor in "Every Month is Oktoberfest". I loved this color so much--even if a single layer is a bit transparent (you can kind of see at the edges), two layers miraculously covered my nails well. It's got a navy blue base with tons of rusty red shimmer, and the two are perfectly blended. The inside light photo is kind of badly contrasted and deceiving--this polish will never get mistaken for black!

Attachments

• fakebake3.jpg
    fakebake3.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 3,882
  • fakebake1.jpg
    fakebake1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 3,901
  • nailuvopi1.jpg
    nailuvopi1.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 3,943
  • nailuvopi2.jpg
    nailuvopi2.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 3,904
  • oktoberfest1.jpg
    oktoberfest1.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 4,690
  • oktoberfest2.jpg
    oktoberfest2.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 4,472
  • oktoberfest3.jpg
    oktoberfest3.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 3,875
Ok, and one more--I didn't want to bog down a single post with so many pictures.

This last set is all OPI Gelcolor's "Peace & Love & OPI". It's another amazing polish that transforms into so many different shades! Look closely--some shots look more grey, some green, some purple...then some look slightly duochromatic. The last looks like I did a Joker/Harley Quinn mashup on my nails! It looks most awesome in multi-source lighting, in my opinion.

I used three coats for this one, by the way... although you might get away with two. I tried to take a macro shot of how the glitter can reflect both green, purple, and silver in difuse light...but it just wasn't working well.

Attachments

• loveopi4.jpg
    loveopi4.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 3,997
  • loveopi3.jpg
    loveopi3.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 3,884
  • loveopi2.jpg
    loveopi2.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 3,944
  • loveopi1.jpg
    loveopi1.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 3,911
  • loveopi7.jpg
    loveopi7.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 3,811
  • loveopi6.jpg
    loveopi6.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 3,850
  • loveopi5.jpg
    loveopi5.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 3,866
Ok I'm going to reach a bit here; this color isn't Gelcolor, but Sephora by OPI Gelshine.

I got the shade "I Only Shop Vintage", and I had some application issues due to the weather, but the color itself is a little strange...it's kind of a jelly-like brassy colored base with lots of gold flecks in it, very much similar to the flecks of gold in "GoldenEye". It reminds me of some cheap plastic gold-colored toy (I FINALLY found what this shade is a dupe for--the Pokemon Gold Gameboy cartridge!! :lol:) It's unique, I guess!

Attachments

• vintage1.jpg
    vintage1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 3,440
  • vintage3.jpg
    vintage3.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 3,444
  • vintage4.jpg
    vintage4.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3,434
  • 1377307404143.jpg
    1377307404143.jpg