OPI Base or Top Coat on Acrylic P & W's

Jasp

O.G.
Dec 29, 2010
Hi Ladies,

I have recently changed who does my nails after 26 yrs. I never paid attention to what was used on this last step.

I used OPI pink and white acrylic and I get a gelcolor opi as the final step (clear). I thought she would put the OPI base coat for shine I then would sit under the lights.

Does anyone know if the base coat over pink and white acrylics will give me that shine? I only get one coat.

Well my OPI Gelcolor top coat just came so I figured I would give it a try and the top coat worked great. Gave my nails a very high shine. I will have to see when the base coat comes if that will work also,

Well my OPI Gelcolor top coat just came so I figured I would give it a try and the top coat worked great. Gave my nails a very high shine. I will have to see when the base coat comes if that will work also,

Gel color base coats are used to help the gel color adhere to the natural nail. I doubt that they have much use on acrylic nails. I doubt it will hurt to put it over acrylic but I would not expect to see high shine.