Ophidia or SEGA?

Ophidia or SEGA?

• Total voters

Elaria

Feb 6, 2017
517350_0KCDG_1060_001_100_0000_Light-Ophidia-mini-bag.jpg

The Ophidia is priced well at $990, but I worry about going into summer with black suede and potential/inevitable balding of the suede.

OR

511189_0GUYN_8711_001_055_0000_Light-Guccy-SEGA-print-mini-shoulder-bag.jpg

I am absolutely in love with this bag and the colors. It is so beautiful on, but it is a trendy bag that is priced at $1790. It will not be as timeless as the Ophidia.

P.S. I want both since they are so different, but I can't justify buying two bags at once.

They're very different but I've voted for the Ophidia. It's a bag that will never date and would be good all year round, whereas the Sega is very much tied to what Gucci are doing this season (I'm not adverse to seasonal bags at all).

I have a lot of Gucci suede. One, very fine suede is from 1970, another more structured 2005, another large bag 2008, two from a couple of years ago, none are even remotely balding. Plus there are many colours to choose from.

Of the two you posted, I chose the first one, but I actually think that the other Ophedia style (shown below) has aspects of both bags (i.e. shape and ornamentation), and I like this style a lot more.
499621_K05NG_8745_001_065_0000_Light-Ophidia-GG-small-shoulder-bag.jpg
499621_D6ZYG_1060_001_065_0000_Light-Ophidia-small-shoulder-bag.jpg

I won't pick the Guccy one because in a few years when the "Guccy" trend is over, your bag may be mistaken for a Gucci wannabe bag.

Of the two you posted, I chose the first one, but I actually think that the other Ophedia style (shown below) has aspects of both bags (i.e. shape and ornamentation), and I like this style a lot more.
499621_K05NG_8745_001_065_0000_Light-Ophidia-GG-small-shoulder-bag.jpg
499621_D6ZYG_1060_001_065_0000_Light-Ophidia-small-shoulder-bag.jpg

I won't pick the Guccy one because in a few years when the "Guccy" trend is over, your bag may be mistaken for a Gucci wannabe bag.

True. I'm not sure if the company Gucci can actually copyright 'Guccy' *shrug*

Reactions: averagejoe
Thanks for all the replies. I have my SA bringing the black Ophidia to my local store for me to try. I tried on the tan version and noticed that the bottom sides had balding suede on the edges, so that worried me a bit. This model is not as high quality as I would like, but for the price I understand.

I ended up getting both. They're awesome. One for fall/winter, the other for spring/summer. I do have an issue with the mini Ophidia though. It turns upside down all the time, so if the zipper isn't fully closed things are falling out. Also, the black suede attracts dog hair, I should've thought of that before buying. With that said, I still love the design.

I ended up getting both. They're awesome. One for fall/winter, the other for spring/summer. I do have an issue with the mini Ophidia though. It turns upside down all the time, so if the zipper isn't fully closed things are falling out. Also, the black suede attracts dog hair, I should've thought of that before buying. With that said, I still love the design.

These are gorgeous bags. I saw both colors in store and stunning!

Reactions: Elaria
Hi, sorry to be digging up an old post but OP, just wondering how your Sega bag held up since you got them in 2018? Is the leather still good or does it easily get scratched? I’m thinking of getting one in black and gold but looking for feedback first. Thank you