Ophidia GG Small Shoulder - what do you think?

shup

O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
I saw this in Purseblog and was intrigued by the size and price. What do y’all think? I’m a loyal nordys card member so I wanted to buy via Nordstrom as I like ophidia and have no Gucci.

I have a few lv and 1 classic flap Chanel, balenciaga city, givenchy Antigona. But I actually use my faure Le page totes and simple tumi cross bodies the most during COVID.
I’m pretty casual and looking for a utilitarian bag for use.I like the first model pic but sa sent me more pics with a shorter person. I’m 5’1– what do y’all think?

I C8CAD86F-9642-4B5E-B9E9-26960CE62E42.png FC691180-1B13-4611-BA4B-B8F945CA0BFA.jpeg B6E58F7A-1395-4F2A-9A47-00F8B489123A.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: JenJBS
Mar 15, 2011
I think it looks like a nice, classic bag. I have read some online reviews for the bag and some say it is too short to be a crossbody. It looks like it works on the SA as a crossbody though. Let us know if you purchase it!

bh4me

May 16, 2015
I love this style! I have it in the same one and the flora :biggrin: It’s just the right size, not too small and not too big. I find it to be the perfect size for what I carry daily without having to compromise. I can carry my full size or small wallet with my pouches and key case. I’m very casual, pretty much in jeans or shorts and sneakers all the time.

I’m the same height as you. I use it both as shoulder and crossbody. Here are the pics I posted in another thread. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

196D39C4-F150-4020-9443-730E0DEA6CD0.jpeg 02D0B2B5-9C0B-4E09-8524-070CD3881873.jpeg

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I love this style! I have it in the same one and the flora :biggrin: It’s just the right size, not too small and not too big. I find it to be the perfect size for what I carry daily without having to compromise. I can carry my full size or small wallet with my pouches and key case. I’m very casual, pretty much in jeans or shorts and sneakers all the time.

I’m the same height as you. I use it both as shoulder and crossbody. Here are the pics I posted in another thread. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

View attachment 4854183 View attachment 4854184
This looks great on you

Reactions: bh4me

popartist

Oct 23, 2016

I quite like this bag and am thinking of splurging on this - size looks good on you although it looks bigger on the other photo with the sales associate. I am going to have go take a look at it in person.

bh4me

May 16, 2015
I quite like this bag and am thinking of splurging on this - size looks good on you although it looks bigger on the other photo with the sales associate. I am going to have go take a look at it in person.
Yes, the SA and web site pic makes the bag look bigger. I got a similar pic from my SA and thought it looked odd. When it is stuffed with packing paper, it looks that way. But when you put your items in it and wear it, it will slouch just enough.

I was not really into this bag at first. I thought it would look so big on me as I'm quite petite. But when it came out in the flora, I took a chance and loved it. It worked for me with actual items in it. It also conforms to the body. Since then, I had to get the Ophidia version.

Reactions: popartist

Love_N_Lune

Apr 17, 2019
Central Florida
I am looking to purchase my first Gucci bag, and looking at this bag (already sold out in Bloomingdales). I normally dress casual so I think it works with my style. I am also debating between the Soho Disco in red.

popartist

Oct 23, 2016
I am looking to purchase my first Gucci bag, and looking at this bag (already sold out in Bloomingdales). I normally dress casual so I think it works with my style. I am also debating between the Soho Disco in red.
I am pretty casual too. Soho Disco is a great bag - my go to when I don't want to carry much, although it holds a lot for its size. I am eyeing this one as a good bag for when I have larger things to carry like a notebook or a water bottle, or want to have room to stash a sweater, hat, etc.

showgratitude

Mar 26, 2018
I saw this in Purseblog and was intrigued by the size and price. What do y’all think? I’m a loyal nordys card member so I wanted to buy via Nordstrom as I like ophidia and have no Gucci.

I have a few lv and 1 classic flap Chanel, balenciaga city, givenchy Antigona. But I actually use my faure Le page totes and simple tumi cross bodies the most during COVID.
I’m pretty casual and looking for a utilitarian bag for use.I like the first model pic but sa sent me more pics with a shorter person. I’m 5’1– what do y’all think?

I View attachment 4852605 View attachment 4852606 View attachment 4852607
Bought mine recently via Gucci.com. It arrived last week. I use it almost daily. It is light to carry and I like it. I also prefer shoulder bags, so this really works for me.

Reactions: shup

Love_N_Lune

Apr 17, 2019
Central Florida
I am pretty casual too. Soho Disco is a great bag - my go to when I don't want to carry much, although it holds a lot for its size. I am eyeing this one as a good bag for when I have larger things to carry like a notebook or a water bottle, or want to have room to stash a sweater, hat, etc.
I like the price point of the Soho for a sizeable leather bag. If I need to carry a water bottle I think I would use my Speedy 25B. I feel this Gucci shoulder bag would fill my hobo style hole in my collection.

I wonder how this Gucci shoulder bag compares to a Speedy 25B.

Last edited:
Reactions: pandorabox

shup

O.G.
Mar 27, 2007

Thank you for the pics!! Looks gorgeous on you. I also like how it’s more slouched. On the sa it kinda looked like a disc to me LOL. Probably too stuffed.
So it is good for an everyday purse, nice !
I’m chunkier so I hope it looks ok.
Would you say the quality seems ok?

Last edited:
Reactions: bh4me