Opera BB Tote, Thoughts?

Aug 13, 2010
Have been interested in this bag since I first saw a photo in LV 2023 collections thread. Managed to see & try it on in both the BB & MM in store but they didn't have the smaller version in stock. I absolutely fell in love with the BB size. I didn't realise you could buy it with ivory/white leather on the sides as well as black. Also was shocked that the much larger version is only £90 more expensive which seems like a good deal if you're going for the bigger size. Not so much if you want the BB:no:

I have decided to order from the LV website but have to wait a week or so :annoyed: Hate waiting lol:rolleyes: Anyhow my concern is with the top handles in the lighter tan colour. They seem like a smooth leather. Do you think they are going to be prone to a lot of wear/colour transfer etc? I do love the bag but just have concerns on the handles.

Has anyone already purchased this bag or considering it? Would love to hear your Thoughts :flowers:

Have been interested in this bag since I first saw a photo in LV 2023 collections thread. Managed to see & try it on in both the BB & MM in store but they didn't have the smaller version in stock. I absolutely fell in love with the BB size. I didn't realise you could buy it with ivory/white leather on the sides as well as black. Also was shocked that the much larger version is only £90 more expensive which seems like a good deal if you're going for the bigger size. Not so much if you want the BB:no:

I have decided to order from the LV website but have to wait a week or so :annoyed: Hate waiting lol:rolleyes: Anyhow my concern is with the top handles in the lighter tan colour. They seem like a smooth leather. Do you think they are going to be prone to a lot of wear/colour transfer etc? I do love the bag but just have concerns on the handles.

Has anyone already purchased this bag or considering it? Would love to hear your Thoughts :flowers:
I saw the bag in store and the handles are treated leather which is much more durable than vachetta. I think it’s a gorgeous bag and a great size. I like the different pockets and it looks great crossbody but also classy hand held. Let us know when you’re bag arrived and I look forward to your unboxing pictures :smile:

I saw the bag in store and the handles are treated leather which is much more durable than vachetta. I think it’s a gorgeous bag and a great size. I like the different pockets and it looks great crossbody but also classy hand held. Let us know when you’re bag arrived and I look forward to your unboxing pictures :smile:
Thank you Melli12 for your thoughts. It is a stunning bag & super cute in the BB size.
The leather handles felt very soft & I saw some indentations from where the tabs with the gold pins which wrap around the handles touch the base of the handles which are stitched onto the bag.(When the handles are laid flat against the bag) If that makes any sense lol
So this is a bit of a concern, but I will see how I feel when it arrives. Hopefully later this week :smile:

Reactions: Aahmee1 and Melli12
So my bag arrived today & has been returned today. I'm so disappointed :sad::crybaby:

I have been so excited waiting for it to arrive. I really don't know how it could have passed quality control. Do they even use that?

When I opened the box & took it out the dust bag my first thought was this is someone else's return. Just the way it was in the bag & the detachable strap was just crumpled up in the middle compartment. I don't mind that its someone else's return. But it still needs to be perfect when I'm spending this amount of money.

First thing I noticed that on each side of the bag there are two compartments which have a built in magnetic style fastener. On one side this fastener wouldn't close. It's like the magnets were wrongly aligned or something. Secondly the zip of the main compartment was so wonky on one side, it was in a wavy line & the other side was straight. How can things like this be missed? This bag costs over £2k. What were they thinking...

There were also worst indentations from where the gold rivets on the handles had pressed against the base of the handles then on the previous one I'd seen in store.

It is so disappointing to wait a long time for a new bag to arrive & then open it to find it's defective. I feel so upset & angry

Client services were lovely about it & got it collected today but I will have to wait for them to receive it back before they will ship a new one.

I'm beginning to think this isn't the bag for me :confused1: Sorry to rant but I don't feel I'm having the best customer service from LV at the moment. The last CA who served me in LV at Harrods was so rude & unhelpful. Had hardly two words to say. The whole experience felt so awkward, which was why I didn't purchase the bag from her & ordered it online instead.

I'll see hopefully next week a better one will arrive.

So my bag arrived today & has been returned today. I'm so disappointed :sad::crybaby:

I have been so excited waiting for it to arrive. I really don't know how it could have passed quality control. Do they even use that?

When I opened the box & took it out the dust bag my first thought was this is someone else's return. Just the way it was in the bag & the detachable strap was just crumpled up in the middle compartment. I don't mind that its someone else's return. But it still needs to be perfect when I'm spending this amount of money.

First thing I noticed that on each side of the bag there are two compartments which have a built in magnetic style fastener. On one side this fastener wouldn't close. It's like the magnets were wrongly aligned or something. Secondly the zip of the main compartment was so wonky on one side, it was in a wavy line & the other side was straight. How can things like this be missed? This bag costs over £2k. What were they thinking...

There were also worst indentations from where the gold rivets on the handles had pressed against the base of the handles then on the previous one I'd seen in store.

It is so disappointing to wait a long time for a new bag to arrive & then open it to find it's defective. I feel so upset & angry

Client services were lovely about it & got it collected today but I will have to wait for them to receive it back before they will ship a new one.

I'm beginning to think this isn't the bag for me :confused1: Sorry to rant but I don't feel I'm having the best customer service from LV at the moment. The last CA who served me in LV at Harrods was so rude & unhelpful. Had hardly two words to say. The whole experience felt so awkward, which was why I didn't purchase the bag from her & ordered it online instead.

Is there another LV store near you? One where you can inspect the bag in person?
Sorry that bag was defective. They really should inspect stuff better before they send it out.

Reactions: Cats&Bags
Is there another LV store near you? One where you can inspect the bag in person?
Sorry that bag was defective. They really should inspect stuff better before they send it out.
Thank you for your kind words :flowers:
I asked if any London stores had the bag in stock so I could exchange. I live just over 2 hours away so hubby said he would drive me there as he could see I was upset. But I was told that not one store in London have the bag in stock. This surprises me seeing as it's such a new bag. I was told it was only available to purchase online so didn't have much of a choice other than to have it collected & exchanged. If this next one is damaged or defective I will go to London & choose something else.

What a huge disappointment, I know the feeling as this has happened to me as well with an online order with a new release bag sometime ago. It literally sucked the joy out of my excitement for the bag and almost turned me off. Customer service was quite apologetic and I was happy ( and lucky) to get a perfect replacement the second time. Hope it works out for you. Keep us posted - I also have been eyeing that bag!