Opened Case - Finally offered Return for Refund - Now what?

Arailah

Nov 5, 2013
Okay...edit to my edit.

I posted about a return for refund question...

I contacted the seller via the resolution center and asked them if there was anything on their side that gave me the green light to return for a refund...

I just received notification that they refunded me my money, and closed the case.
I haven't even sent the bag back yet.

I'm really confused - did they just accidently click the wrong button?
Now I'm definitely stuck paying for the return shipping. Am I at risk of this backfiring on me if I return the bag after the case has been closed on my own?

I sent them an ebay message asking them if they would like me to return the bag to the return address on their priority mail to me. I haven't heard back.

I have whiplash from this whole thing, they were combative and refused a refund. Then all of a sudden issued a refund, closed the case and I'm standing here dumbfounded with a bag that is not in the condition described.

Um. Wha?

Last edited:
You should go ahead and return the bag to her PayPal provided address; if you don't see this now, you can call PayPal and they'll give it to you.

Make sure that you return to the bag with both signature confirmation and insurance.

Once she's received the bag, if she doesn't refund you, call PayPal and provide them with the tracking that shows it's been returned; they'll process the refund.

I wouldn't worry about her damaging the bag further - it doesn't benefit her since you've already filed SNAD for a bag that has issues. The only thing that it would do is make it more difficult for her to resell.

Thank you so much for your input Iris...I actually prematurely edited this thread because I found my answer...but have a new dilemma and am confused again.

Oh yes. I definitely plan on still returning.

Honesty and integrity are very important to me and my faith. I just want to make sure that by me just returning it on my own - that nothing will backfire on me since it is essentially being done outside eBay and Paypal.

Now I'm definitely stuck paying for the return shipping. Am I at risk of this backfiring on me if I return the bag after the case has been closed on my own?
According to ebay policy, as the buyer, you're always going to pay return shipping unless an agreement has been reached between you and the seller or unless ebay pays for a return shipping label.

Since you've received the refund and have been made whole, the cost of return shipping is a small price to pay for having been reimbursed.

According to ebay policy, as the buyer, you're always going to pay return shipping unless an agreement has been reached between you and the seller or unless ebay pays for a return shipping label.

Since you've received the refund and have been made whole, the cost of return shipping is a small price to pay for having been reimbursed.

Ah I gotcha. I thought if it was SNAD they would be responsible.

You are definitely right. After the back-and-forth headache I had today I will gladly pay $10 to get this back to her and have this over. I was just jolted when she refunded it completely before I sent it to her. Sadly my first thought was "Okay - something is fishy here..."

Ah I gotcha. I thought if it was SNAD they would be responsible.

You are definitely right. After the back-and-forth headache I had today I will gladly pay $10 to get this back to her and have this over. I was just jolted when she refunded it completely before I sent it to her. Sadly my first thought was "Okay - something is fishy here..."
No, in SNAD cases, the original shipping charge is refunded but return shipping is buyer's responsibility.