open or closed

I strongly prefer them closed, but sometimes I have to do both if the bag is so full it won't close or I just happen to only have a single clasp or small flap closure, which is what at least half of my bags have.

I can't stand not having my bag closed - I have a Coach Hippie with just a snap and I never feel quite right when I carry it. I love the old-fashioned clasp top bags that are rare these days, but if I can't get that then at least it has to have a zipper. I see women all the time with their bags open and I want to run up to them and zip up their bags! I have one with a zip top, with a flap with a magnetic snap over it - too bad it's too small for daytime use.

Closed. have a few bags with no zipper, and whenever I used it, I worry that my stuffs will fall out. Too stress for me, so I make sure in future I will buy bag with top zipper.:P

I find I leave mine open....right now I am using my MK Lily tote (see my avatar) and it has a magnetic closure....the only time I close that is when I go to a crowded shopping mall, or in the rain so my stuff doesnt get wet. Otherwise I leave it open...so much more convenient!

after trying to use magnetic close/ hook bag i realise the older i get the more inflexible i've became - i only use zip top bags and they are always close when i'm using it. the only exception is draw string close bag ... i've a weak spot for that

when I do leave my purses open I'm always watching-- its not as tiring as it sounds, I generally keep my bags close to me anyways because I do not like other people brushing up against me (I've noticed this, even if there's plenty of room--those ladies really bug me at the moment when it happens) because I don't want anyone touching (re:dirtying) my bag..

but most of my bags are of snap closure, turnlock, or flap..I don't like zippers much because sometimes I fill it to the brim and I don't like for it to get caught :P

Ms. Whitney, we think alike! Almost all of my purses are snap or turnlock. Ever since I was a little girl and started to carry a purse, my mother always told me that what was in my purse was for only me to see. It's sound advice and worth passing on to your daughters when it's their time to join the purse club.