Opal Gemstone

I love opals, especially Australian Lightening Ridge opals. I'm wanting a pair of the dangle opal slice earrings...the style with an opal at the top (post back) & one or two longer opal slices dangles. I'm on the hunt for a pair & I've already hinted to my husband that this is what I want for my birthday!

I love opals, especially Australian Lightening Ridge opals. I'm wanting a pair of the dangle opal slice earrings...the style with an opal at the top (post back) & one or two longer opal slices dangles. I'm on the hunt for a pair & I've already hinted to my husband that this is what I want for my birthday!

That would be gorgeous! I opted for a ring. For earrings, I want a pair of blue sapphire with diamonds! My wishlist is endless!

I agree. Opals look elegant! Just like Emerald in my opinion.

Yes and a little more reasonable. I've been searching for an emerald forever. I want an older jardin table emerald and at this point I don't think it's going to happen.

Love my opals though. They can be hypnotic and change dramatically as the light changes.

An absolutely STUNNING opal! I'm sure it's already been said, but make sure you put it in a secure setting, and I'd probably wear it as a pendant as opposed to a ring. Reason being they're very soft and break easily. I have an opal and diamond eternity ring that I love, and in the 10 years I've had it, 2 opals have broken. Because of the colour of the opals, I have a real job trying to get a perfect match to fit where the broken ones have been. They tried to fob me off with the nasty milky looking ones with no colour. No good, as my opals are full of colour!

Anyhow, not trying to scaremonger you. Congratulations on your beautiful purchase, and may you enjoy it for many, many years to come.:biggrin::