Oops

cvw1004

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
UK
I only rang the H store to check that they had the Twilly and scarf ring I wanted and then before I knew what was happening, I had asked if they had any Picotins and Bolides in store! How did that happen? :nuts: And DH is away and so I have no one to stop me and I just know that all you ladies are only going to encourage me.

mooks

May 4, 2007
LOL!! A bit like me last week.....I went to return a pocket square and ended up with a 90 scarf and keychain....not to mention shoes from Selfridges.....

cvw1004

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
UK
Going to try and be really good, so Twilly, scarf ring, some Terre for hubby and then just browse :angel: In fact, I think I might just go there now!

Jul 9, 2006
that's always what happens to me too....it's just sooooooooooooooo hard to resist Hermes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opheliaflr

mmm...purple
Aug 14, 2007
Boston, MA
I am notorious for walking in to pick up a little gift for someone or a scarf and walking out with a new bag...with the constant new inventory, it's hard to resist!

cvw1004

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
UK
Well, just before going I thought I would shuffle some funds around :graucho: when I noticed that someone has been helping themselves to my account :wtf: to the tune of at least two Picotin MMs. So I've had to cancel my card :cursing: On the upside, I do have enough cash on me to get the Twilly and Scarf Ring - just worried that the SA might think I've carried out a bank heist!! So, am leaving now - phew :sweatdrop:

mooks

May 4, 2007
Crikey! Have you called your bank? That's happened to at least 2 people I know in the last few months

cvw1004

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
UK
Well, all sorted with the bank, although apparently it will take about 2 weeks before I get the money back.:cursing: However, the upside is that I went to Royal Exchange and met with the SA I had spoken to earlier on the phone. His name is Malcolm and he is just lovely. I told him what had happened and he was so kind and even though I explained that I would be unable to get a bag there and then, he still insisted on showing me them which cheered me up no end! ;) They had a picotin PM in vibrato which was truly lovely and a white picotin MM, which would be fab for summer. OMGosh and the most amazing bolide in orange ostrich :love: and one also in squooshy etoupe (sorry, I don't know all the leathers yet). If I hadn't had all that trouble with the cloning, I would now be the proud owner of a garden party, I tried it on and for me it would be just perfect as an everyday bag for cart all my clobber around in. I tend to be quite hard on my bags and this looked like it was up to the challenge. Anyway, I consoled myself with a couple of little somethings and some Terre for DH. Ooh and a sample of the new Jardin ... Mousson which I must say I really like and smells fab on me. They did not have any of the new cotton charm scarves though and no new mousselines either and as I hate going up the West End, too noisy and dirty, I shall just have to do without for the timebeing :sad:

mooks

May 4, 2007
I didn't see any of the charm scarves in Bond Street either and do agree about the West End....it can be deafening at times!

cvw1004

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
UK
Well, I am supposed to be going to S of France in June and Rome also, so maybe I will find some then - I love picking up things overseas, then everytime I wear them, it reminds me of where I've been.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I will be away for a bit as we have a family funeral tomorrow and I need to gather my thoughts and write a eulogy. So if I don't reply to anything, I'm not ignoring you!! Back on Monday.