Oops, they did it again

This must be one of the the most typical problems, but when it happens, still very upsetting and annoying!! Please bear with me, I just need a place to rant...

INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS, MANY OF THEM, DON'T READ LISTINGS.

I clearly stated that I don't ship internationally, but did they see it? NOOOO. Still placed and won the bid. Then just disappeared.

WINNERS DON'T ACT LIKE WINNERS, THEY REFUSED TO PAY AND IGNORED EMAILS TILL A NPB CASE IS UP.

And of course they still wouldn't pay, said they can't afford the extra shipping and possible custom fees, blah blah blah.

It's really annoying that the same situation happens multiple times on the same item. Feels like a failure! I failed to be a good seller/ebayer again!

The best advice I got from this forum is, just file the case, cancel the transcation, get the fees back, and move on. I am going to.

Please, be serious when bid. Many of us are trying hard to be a good, honest, straightforward seller, the good karma should return.

A lot of people don't read the listings. I hate it when buyers bid and then upon winning, they try to change the terms. I thought Ebay has a option to exclude international bidders? I have a list of blocked countries on my Ebay auctions.

I know, just a lot of international buyers feel descriminated; truth is I had a good buyer before, worked out the shipping and custom fees and both of us were happy about the transcation. Never thought of setting up a hard-core blocking system but from now on I think I would. Thanks everyone.

That's all very good points... I learned a lot now.

Please bear with me - I have another question. So this buyer finally emailed me earlier tonight and said that she can't afford the international shipping cost. I don't think she intended to pay at all. This is the 4th day after the bid ends so what should I do?

1. file a non-paying case, then close it since she won't pay anyway, get my fee back and relist
2. cancel the transaction, with the reason "buyer changed his/her mind" or "buyer and I don't agree on terms"?

I just want to get my fee back and relist. Don't really want to deal with her anymore. What would you do? Thanks!

I would cancel simply because it's less hassle and means you don't have any chance of getting a retaliatory negative if your buyer is a spiteful little thing.

I've found a lot of sellers that state in their listings that they don't offer international shipping still appear as posting worldwide under the eBay options. Did you have something like that, maybe? Buyer blocks work well too for next time.

Good luck!

hmmm... i would still be tempted to give them a NPB strike as they have wasted your time and personally I am just SO sick of the increase in buyers who don't follow through since ebay removed the ability to leave them anything other than pos FB. If you do strike them and they leave you neg FB ebay can remove it I think anyway