Oops, self tanner mishap

nseastar

O.G.
Jul 3, 2007
I use self tanner regularly. My name is Nikki and my tan is 100% fake.:P Soooo.... being that I am not new to this I can not believe the stupid thing I just did. I have to go to a work function for my husband tonight. So, I decided to change my polish on my toenails. Can you guess what happened? My toes are now WHITE and my feet are tan. I took all of the tan off of my toes with the polish remover.:wtf: There is no way to fix them in time since none of my tanners have bronzer. Closed toes shoes for me tonight!:rolleyes:

Just needed to vent to an audience who would understand.:biggrin:

The event was at a tiki bar type place and very casual. I decided since it was dark to wear sandals and hope no one noticed.:P I can't believe how thoroughly it remove the color. I usually apply self tanner once a week and remove my polish right before if I need to and then use gradual tanner a few times in between. I've never noticed the polish remover totally removing my tan. It's even non acetone! Good to know if I get a streak in the future I guess.

Whenever I got a blotch or streak with self tanners I'd always take a bit of nail polish remover and rub it to get rid of the excess color.

It comes in handy when you end up with a brown spot because you didn't rub it in well enough.

I would have taken a towel dampened with a mixture of nail polish remover and water to blend the tan around your toes and feet, so it wasn't such a stark contrast.

or you can say that you were out in the sun the other day in close-toed flats and the sun didn't hit your tootsies! :biggrin:

what self-tanner do you use? i used neutrogena's foam pump stuff last year and that worked well and wasn't as stinky as some of the others, but i'm always looking for new ones to try!

or you can say that you were out in the sun the other day in close-toed flats and the sun didn't hit your tootsies! :biggrin:

what self-tanner do you use? i used neutrogena's foam pump stuff last year and that worked well and wasn't as stinky as some of the others, but i'm always looking for new ones to try!

I use Bare Escentuals Faux Tan. I love it, very, very minimal odor and it's the perfect golden brown color for me. Just discovered Tan Towels and now that's my new love. So what I'm doing now is, once a week, BE on my legs and Tan Towels everywhere else including my feet (no more streaks on my feet!:yahoo:). I was using Jergan's 3 day gradual tanner but just switched to Dove gradual tanner and like it much more. No odor. I use that 3 times or so in between the once weekly BE and TT.

I'm always hesitant to say a tanner has no odor because I've read reviews that say 'no odor'. Then I get it and it and it stinks. I guess it depends on your body chemestry but for me none of the products I'm using have that self tanner stink.

I use Bare Escentuals Faux Tan. I love it, very, very minimal odor and it's the perfect golden brown color for me. Just discovered Tan Towels and now that's my new love. So what I'm doing now is, once a week, BE on my legs and Tan Towels everywhere else including my feet (no more streaks on my feet!:yahoo:). I was using Jergan's 3 day gradual tanner but just switched to Dove gradual tanner and like it much more. No odor. I use that 3 times or so in between the once weekly BE and TT.

I'm always hesitant to say a tanner has no odor because I've read reviews that say 'no odor'. Then I get it and it and it stinks. I guess it depends on your body chemestry but for me none of the products I'm using have that self tanner stink.

thank you! :biggrin: and i was curious about the BE faux tan! i watch BE on QVC and lisa robertson, one of the hosts, is always raving about it, but i'm not sure if it's to sell product or what.

I noticed w/ the jergens that it is stinky, so i would apply a squeeze of the jergens w/ a squeeze of some yummy smelling moisturizer and usually that would offset the stink until i got used to it. so that's when i switched to neutrogena which is OK. i will try BE! :yahoo: