Oohhh - so excited - need your help!!!!!

Kat said:
What a sweet hubby you have! Congrats on the new addition to your family! Now on to bag talk ..... I think a black Kelly is timeless. I may be biased though because I just got one, and I am so in love with it! For a Kelly I think the perfect size is 28cm. It can be used both day and night. The leather choice is really a tough one. They are all great. Mine is in Clemence and I really love it. It is very matte which IMO makes it less dressy which I like. On the other end of the spectrum there is Box, which is also gorgeous. Shiny, elegant, and on a black Kelly it is to die for. Let us know what you decide.

did you post a pic of it Kat?

Well, here are my two-cents, if they're even worth that much :shame: I'm one that says a Birkin will be a pain with a new baby - even a 30cm has to be hand/arm-carried and could get heavy and bulky while you're also toting around an infant carseat/carrier and diaper bag all the time. I'd just be afraid of it getting bumped around. Save the Birkin as your second H bag, when your kids are older and more self-sufficient.
For now, I think the Kelly is a great choice and this is the PERFECT first H bag! Just use the strap when you're arms are full of baby and baby things and you're set!
If you want an everyday Kelly, I don't recommend the black box rigide for you at this time. Kellybag has a gorgeous 28cm and I can see why she doesn't like to carry it around with her kiddos in tow. It's a special evening bag, or when she's by herself (if that ever happens, right KB? ::yes: )
But, a 32cm souple style in Togo, clemence or Chevre leather with either gold or palladium HW (don't know what you prefer) is an entirely different and much more user friendly bag. I'd definitely get the 32 because when baby girl is a little bigger and doesn't need a diaper bag, you can always throw in a snack bag, wipes and a diaper and be ready to go. This is coming from a mom with two small kids who also loves to carry around nice H bags everyday! :smile:
As far as color, Vert Anis is gorgeous and go for it if you think you'll use it enough with your wardrobe. Otherwise, check out Rouge Hermes, Gold, Potiron, or any of the chocolate browns.
Whew! That was a book, but I'm so excited for you and this is going to be the best push-prize ever!

OK - I'm back......early in the morning here, but I had to log on to see what everyones opinions were!!!!

I have to admit, I'm tending toward the palladium H/W...although most of my jewellery (esp. my wedding jewellery) is in yellow gold, I just love the look of Palladium on most leather colours (all my H bracelets are Pall. so I guess I have a mix!).

Kat - I read and re-read your post about your kelly experience - it was THIS that I told my hubby, who a few days later decided I could have a Kelly, too....so I thansk you (and your DH from the bottom of my heart!!)...my DH just said your DH was making him look bad, so he had to do something!!! :amuse:

Greentea - I thibk it was YOUR idea for a "push present" in the first place (which is how I put it to DH) - so many thanks!!!!!!!! I love your advice....tell me - why do you recommend the souple over the rigide for me? It is because it's more casual? (good reason)....just wondering (I love all this expert advice!...keep it coming!!).

As for leathers, I need to learn a bit more about it, I only know about box (as in I have carried a box bag, and know about the patina etc) but I think I like the clemence or the chevre?

You're all wonderful - I really apreciate all the input......I'm just so excited (my poor Dh had to put up with Kelly talk all morning!!!)

Cheers!:smile:

Good morning!
I just suggested souple because it will hold a bit more and is more forgiving as a shape. But in chevre and Togo or clemence, rigide would be fine, too. Check out LAVan's beautiful rigide fuchsia Kelly in her avatar!
Box leather is amazing and will last such a long time. It is a little more difficult to carry everyday because it will scratch, but the scratches will blend in over time. You really can't use box leather in the rain at all, though - I'd worry about it. But, if a few drops got on Togo, Clemence and especially Chevre, you'd be fine.
I'm a huge palladium fan, too. It just sparkles like new platinum!

Yum!

I really appreciate everyones' help on this - the good luck on this board really does rub off, I certainly didn't think I'd be in the position to ask what Kelly i should buy so soon!

I think you're all great!