only one with out a sophia?

ashleyroe

back from a hiatus!
Aug 26, 2009
as i can see the sophia mania going on around me, the only one that i thought was 'ok' because of the print (see sig) may not be something i want anymore, 'cause everyone has one.

what are your takes on this? sophia lovers and non-owners.

now i'm not a leather person, which makes me partial to the sateen clover print.

make me love the bag, like the rest of you. cause i just can't get into.

I'm with you. I just don't care for the Sophia bag. Mostly because I don't like it on me. I think it looks strange. My SA has one and it looks adorable on her. Oh well. There are plenty of other bags that do look good on me for me to obsess over. :smile:

Like you, I'am partial to signature bags!I got the new clover print sophia(small)15946~ on 11/24/10 and have used her ever since.I just find this bag to be a classy, and functional style.I love the open compartment when you open her up.Makes it easy to grab what you need.I also like that sophia can be worn 2 ways!The small really isn't too small......I have seen the clover print sophia in your sig. for awhile..So I say go for it, and see if its love or not.If not, you can always bring her back and try another bag:smile:

I only like the gathered Sophia. Really want the black one but I have too many black bags. But if they ever come out with a Gathered RED Sophia with gold hardware, gurl I buy. Hahaha

I tried them on again at the store last night, and they just don't work for me. The drop on the short straps isn't long enough to wear on my shoulder and I think that's how they look their best. Good news for me though, less temptation, especially considering the boutiques are full of them right now. I think the clover print is really cute though!

hmmm well for me I have alot of high dollar Lv's and leather coachs but I found myself grabbing my poppy tote everytime I went out the door so I was trying to find a bag that was just as light grab and go bag so the large dotted sophia is perfect for me the large straps fit perfectly over my shoulder im 5'7". and its not to deep so things are easy to find and it feels like a bit of a up grade to my poppy totes which I still love. I would buy a second :O)..oh and the rolled handles are very comfortable in you hand

Since you brought it up, I hate the Sophia. I never liked the Sabrina either. I also don't like the Madison shoulder bag, and it took me forever to warm up to Maggie (I have two now, but they are not my favorite bags by any means).

You don't have to force yourself to like something just because it's the "in" thing or the "it" bag. I actually find it kind of a turnoff and boring.

Just buy what you love, and there are tons of bags and designers out there competing for your love. :P

It's just not a bag I love. The fact that it's popular doesn't make me like it more or less. I'm glad it makes so many other people happy, but I'm also happy for my wallet that I don't feel a need to hunt one down in every color. :smile:

Hi,
I personally buy a bag for the style and color, not if everyone else has it. Though on TPF, is is hard not to want a certain bag after it has been revealed! LOL
I know that everyone has different tastes. It is kind of interesting because I live in a suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul and all I seem to see are ladies carrying MFF Coach and Poppy bags (when I go to the malls).

Lynne :biggrin:

Last edited:
I don't own a Sophia. It doesn't look good on me because of the shape. I'm a leather person & don't care for prints or signature on purses. So I am out of luck on this purse. I have plenty of purses, anyway, so don't really worry about it.

I don't care for the Sophia, just not my style. I do like the gathered black leather, but not the style, so will wait to see if it comes in another style bag. The Coach stores and all the department stores have tons of Sophias, so they will be a common bag to see while out and about. Especially now that they started going to the outlets.

Nope, you're definitely not the only one without a Sophia.

I thought Sophia looked great in other people's reveals, but when I tried her on at the fp store, she just didn't do anything for me personally. I think it's the shape on me...the pointy tips just stuck out when I had her on my shoulder.

It's ok though...I'll be saving my money for a future bag. Maybe in the spring! :biggrin: