Only Chanel in 2011

misstrine, i'm curious- what inspired you to do this experiment/challenge?

Im a bit embarrased by this, but my buying nailpolish have gotten a bit out of hand this year. it has been like "oh, thats pretty, im gonna buy it" or "thats new, im gonna buy it" without having time to wear the polishes and actually forgetting most of them once stored in my Helmer.

And since I've always loved Chanel, I decied to try to only buy and wear it. Then there's only a limited amount of polish to buy.

Why my spending has gotten out of hand is not a pretty story, but since this is a "happy forum" I dont wanna push "my story" onto people, so Im gonna write the next part in white. Then people who wants to read it, can make an active choise to do so :smile:

**************]**************]For 4 years I was in a mentally violent relationship with a guy who broke me completely into little pieces. I started of being a happy, but a bit insecure, 19 year old, and ended up as a 23 year old feeling like I was worth nothing. He made me feel my feelings were worth nothing, and that they actually were in the way. He also made me dress a completely different way. He said that high heels made me look cheap, the same with a skirt and stockings. And here come the part where nailpolish enters. He also said it was only whores who wore colored nailpolish, and I was not allowed to put on nailpolish when he was at home. There was to be at least 1 hour before he got home, because he could not stand the smell. [/COLOR][/COLOR]
**************]**************] [/COLOR][/COLOR]
**************]**************]Last year about this time, 2,5 years after we split up, I finally understood what he had done to me. So as a symbol of being free from his control of my emotions, I decied to wear nailpolish to show myself that I AM WORTH IT! So that everytime I felt small and in the way, I could just look at my nails and then remind myself that I had the power to get away. Thats when I started buying all the polishes that had a color that made me happy. [/COLOR][/COLOR]
**************]**************] [/COLOR][/COLOR]
**************]**************]But now it has been a year, and I dont need that anymore. Now I AM confident and belive I deserve to be loved because I am a sweet, charming and smart young lady. So now I wear polish still to remind me of that, but also basically because it makes me feel feminine and I like to take care of myself. [/COLOR][/COLOR]

I might blog about my experience with the "Only Chanel in 2011" challenge. I thought I could use it as a space to also review the other Chanel products that I acquire during the year - because I am sure there will be a few of them. :whistle:

Thanks again for starting this challenge misstrine, it's a great idea! :smile:

I might blog about my experience with the "Only Chanel in 2011" challenge. I thought I could use it as a space to also review the other Chanel products that I acquire during the year - because I am sure there will be a few of them. :whistle:

Thanks again for starting this challenge misstrine, it's a great idea! :smile:

Ditto! This might be dangerously fun...

I read your reasoning behind your challenge. Thank you for sharing your story, misstrine! I'm happy to hear you are where you're at now as a beautiful, confident woman! It's wonderful that you don't even need that trigger of looking at your painted nails as a reminder anymore. Standing up for yourself feels SO good! :hugs:

That's interesting that buying only Chanel would be a means of controlling spending; I've never thought of it that way! I understand what you mean because I would buy colors I know I would never wear (like neon orange!) just for the sake of buying because I'd think, "hey, I don't have this color in my collection."

I may join you since I'm trying to wean off my OPI obsession. Girls here have educated me about 3-free, etc. and since OPI is "only" 3-free, I'd like to try and purchase only 5-free polishes from now on, like Chanel, Dior, Zoya, etc. It just seems SO hard and I don't know if I can do it! You are awesome for going all Chanel! :heart:

Wow, misstrine you are so brave and inspiring for moving past all those bad things that happened to you, thank you so much for sharing such a personal story! Anyway, there is nothing like Chanel to make a woman feel confident, strong, and beautiful!

Whats your blog called, Mette? Or are you only thinking about starting one? :smile:
I have an existing blog but it has nothing to do with nail polish/beauty/make up/fashion etc. I've started another one to document this challenge. When I've finished getting it ready I'll share the URL in my signature and here. :smile:

Anyway, there is nothing like Chanel to make a woman feel confident, strong, and beautiful!
I agree. This challenge is a celebration of beautiful, strong and confident women everywhere!