Only buy designer bags?

I love and buy ALL bags regardless if they're high-end or low-end...as long as I like them. However, when I wake up in the morning and I'm deciding which bag to use for the day....I always go for the designer bags so actually the non-designer bags rarely get used.

Personally, the brand is not everything...for me it is about quality, history, and pattern.,... and I feel that I am less judgemntal after I had gotten into LV b/c of all the info and research...it opened my eyes to different tastes and different needs...:yes:

djgirl, that is such a sad story. I can't believe someone has to do that to make themselves feel better than you!! LMAO I just can't get over that!!

I've found that since I've started buying couture, I just can't bring myself to buying something non-designer. It's not a snob thing either. I like having beautiful, quality things, where the strap won't break on while I'm walking around. I also have a hard time buying non-designer shoes too. I search and search for a certain type of shoes, like knee-high boots and I couldn't find any that were inexpensive that I liked. They are all too cheapy or ugly, and I ended up buying boots from Coach.

I also detest people who carry fake bags (even horrendously fake bags) and act like they are hot sh*t. I hated being at college and seeing all those girls with those absurdly fake LV bags and the ones who said they had a bag like mine when they obviously don't. It drove me insane.

I buy what I like. My collection is diverse to say the least. For the most part I'm an EOP (Equal Opportunity Purse Buyer). The last bag I bought was a hobo international red clutch because none of my old favorites were giving me that red I was looking for. It's sitting between one of my guccis and Kooba bag.
Couldnt have said it better. The bag doesn't make you. Buy what you like.

Wow...that point is right on...the snottiest person I met when I lived inFlorida tried telling me a whole story about how she was on a huge waiting list to get her LV. I had asked if hers was real and then saw her open it. It was a MC back in the day. She went on and on with her lies after I instantly saw that the lining was beige suede, like every fake in NYC. I was sick to my stomach that this pitiful excuse for a woman had thought she needed to lie to me, when I was carrying a knit bag(like 10 dollars, and what I always carried with me then to walk the beach area....would not trust anyone with anything nicer on my arm). I instantly hated her. Just for not being a sister. I lied and said "I have never seen a real one and wondered". She was a filthy liar. I know, I lied, too, but, you have to understand, I just wanted someone to understand me when I was living there(and literally knew no one), and instead this fat old bag thought I was designer challenged and would think she was pretty tough sh*t. If you are a fake, at least admit it!!!!ICK I HATE THAT GIRL STILL!!!
LOL! See that's what I'm talking about. Having to go this far bcuzz she obviously wanted to feel some form of acceptance. If you are comfortable w/your own style then you can carry whatever you want. Do you.

Personally,I think investing in a good-quality long lasting designer bag makes more sense than purchasing five non-designers that would last for prolly 5 months each. If i find unique or special makes that i luv i would certainly purchase them even if they weren't designer makes.But overall,my eyes and heart are only open for the real stuff :cutesy:

I wish "designer" always meant quality, but I've seen many posts of people with expensive bags that are cracking or have stitching coming undone in the first few months. I try to buy quality regardless of whether or not I know the name on the bag. That said, I do have a weakness for beautiful bags like Chanel :smile:

My usual assortment includes from the under $500 brands: Michael by Michael Kors, Rafe, Brighton, Maxx New York. On the $1000 and up brands: Dolce & Gabbana (couture line, not the D&G line), MJ Collection and Prada.

I also lust for Gucci and Versace as well, but I have enough bag obsessions without chasing after those guys as well.:shame:

As has been said several times, I insist on quality and craftsmanship in my bags. That normally requires spending more money, but I don't chase designer labels just for "bragging rights." I know when I buy Prada, I'm going to get a certain level of quality. Same for Maxx New York or Rafe.

I'm too old to settle for less. :flowers:

Just to be clear - I don't buy expensive, designer bags just because of the logo and to show off to everyone. I used to buy the cheaper bags but I don't use any of them anymore mainly because they fell apart or they look cheap. I bought my first LV when I was 18 (I'm 23 now) and it still looks brand new! I just can't bring myself to buy a cheaper bag just because it looks cute because I know it will probably fall apart or I won't use it.

I feel great when I carry a truly classy bag and that usually is something more expensive and designer. Having said that sometimes there is something that you find that is functional and appropriate for the moment that isn't and then... well as long as you are happy... who cares! :biggrin:

Definately not, I'm notorious for buying non designer as well, I have THE SAK bags, I LOVE them and I even have some Old Navy bags, (one was $10)I just love the styles. Before those I brought some Tommy Hilfiger, both for around 30-50 dollars (I know designer, but not high end for bags) I just buy what I love or that fits my style. Alot of places I go, doesn't warrant me to carry a designer purse.

Alot of places I go, doesn't warrant me to carry a designer purse.
Great point, I certainly can't buy groceries or detergent at Saks. And if I go to a festival or into a huge crowd, I just don't feel trusting enough to display any logos. I have been such a theft target, and I have never been one to "show off" my things. I save designers for work, work functions, classy occasions, dates, etc. ;)