Online Shopping

Purseaholic6

Feb 2, 2014
Hi everyone,
for those of you who have shopped in store and online what are the advantages of shopping online? personally when i go to the store they usually only have one bag and is the one that i was shown which means everyone has touched it so now i am contemplating online shopping any inputs?

I wouldn't want to shop online, I've heard of too many horror stories of bags / accessories being shipped out, which were damaged. I personally prefer shopping in-store since you can inspect the bag before purchasing, I've always asked them to order one in for me...not sure if that option is available for you?

does buying online increase your chances of getting a made in france bag?

I'd say about 90% of my shopping has been made from the LV site.
I go in only if they have it available at my store, sometimes they don't.
It doesn't increase your chances of getting MiF they just stick whatever one in there for you.
I've gotten MiF, MiS and MiU on all my orders it's just random. I've never had any problems online I've gotten all brand new with tags and everything included. Just a preference for you I guess.

does buying online increase your chances of getting a made in france bag?

Nope. It will not. What ever quantities available of the model you ordered that they picked out in the warehouse, is the one you will receive. Their is no telling of what you will get until you unboxed your order. It better to go in store and hunt down for a MIF bag. :smile:

I shop online most of the time. I just prefer it that way. I don't care about establishing a relationship with an SA. I get all the proper boxes, dustbags and brand new items. I've only had to do a return twice when I felt the item might have been returned. Easy transaction.

I've shopped online, in store, and on the phone and I find all three to be good experiences. I do find exchanging online items easier than in store though...in the store they do a thorough inspection and it is pretty nerve wracking honestly whereas online exchange is more unseen and I've never had a problem.

Another good thing with online orders is you can exchange/return them at a store if they don't workout. I haven't done this but I know it is allowed.

I had a really good experience on the phone too. I would actually say my phone experiences have been the best. The SAs on the phone establish more rapport than the SAs I see in person. Just my experience though!

I bought 3 bags and 1 SLG online last year (favorite mm, sobe clutch, Neverfull mm and cles). They were all in pristine condition and were all shipped from France and arrived quickly. The Favorite mm and Neverfull were MIF the sobe as with most patent bags was made in Spain.

I prefer online to in store as the bags are always pristine.

Hi everyone,
for those of you who have shopped in store and online what are the advantages of shopping online? personally when i go to the store they usually only have one bag and is the one that i was shown which means everyone has touched it so now i am contemplating online shopping any inputs?

My experience has been great with 1-866! I received my artsy empreinte in aurore two weeks ago and wasn't sure of the imprint of the LV pattern(I like a deeper pattern) and drove 1 hour and 45 min. to exchange and the bag they had at the store was in worse shape than mine so I kept it. So online orders are great, don't hesitate!

If you don't want the display model they can always order what you want and have it shipped too you. One of the benefits i like about ordering online is i pay a lower tax, the only stores near me are in a county with higher taxes. Also none of the stores near me are close to where i live I'm pretty much looking at a 45-60 minute drive and if i want to go to a store with a better selection i have to go downtown and pay for parking. I've ordered online and returned in store no problem, just make sure you get there in time i think its 14 days but i could have changed since I've been cutting back.

My local store is quite small and the only item that I wanted which they had in stock was the MC Speedy. The rest of my items were ordered into the store especially for me so were pristine. Online orders have always gone well for me items were all perfect but I just hate waiting for delivery! I prefer to call up a week ahead and ask them to order what I want to see and then just pay in cash and collect! All my pieces are MIF because im in the UK.

i've never bought online before, after seeing everyone's comments, maybe i should give it a try in the future. the only thing is the wait, instant gratification! haha.

I usually buy at the store, but I have bought online too. I had a great online experience, no problems at all. I usually like to go to the store and look at the bags though. Try them on and see how they look and feel. I would buy online if I wasn't happy with the stock they had in store. They usually just order it for me. Good excuse to go back to the store :smile:

It's become very important to me to try on the handbag prior to purchase. I've bought from the website, or in the secondary market and I've found that these are the handbags that I usually end up selling.

When I go to the Shop, there's a very good chance that I do not come home with what I was expecting to buy. IMHO you need to see how the handbag looks on you. Everyone is different + the colors on a computer monitor can be so different than the actual handbag IRL.

HTH! :smile:

Everything I've ever ordered (SLGS and various luggage) from the website (2011-2012) were all MiF. I know SLGs are made in a variety of places nowadays but what about luggage? Actually thinking of picking up another keepall - are these actually made in locations other than France? If I were to order online in the US would it be a "Made in the USA" tag, most likely?