Online resales worry retailers

The problem isn't reselling it is the returning of the items when they are unsold. This woman in the article proudly said: It was a low risk. She could always returnt the merchandise in 90 days.

What? That attitude is what is making it harder on the rest of us. In 90 days a demand for a product can change and now Target(or any retailer is stuck).

I bet this article was widely discussed in retail meetings throughout the country. If Target did not limit before--thanks to this woman they probably will now.

My DH said he couldn't believe this lady let them have her picture and real name. If she was selling Coach, you can bet they'd be ready to hand her "the letter", once she came back in the store. Not to mention the IRS, if she isn't disclosing the income.

While I agree that people should have the right to do whatever they choose with whatever they purchase...I do however think that buying up limited editions and racking up at sample sales and end of season sales just to hike the prices up to resell them is problematic and unfair, espescially when the bag I want sells out in minutes and pops up on eBay with an inflated price! Go on and disagree all you want, LOL!

My DH said he couldn't believe this lady let them have her picture and real name. If she was selling Coach, you can bet they'd be ready to hand her "the letter", once she came back in the store. Not to mention the IRS, if she isn't disclosing the income.

I could not agree more..I took a look at her smiling out from behind those bags and had visions of retailers cutting out her picture to post in the back room. This way every staff member will know to call security if they see her! Yes, this is tounge in cheek..but it cannot make them happy!

While I agree that people should have the right to do whatever they choose with whatever they purchase...I do however think that buying up limited editions and racking up at sample sales and end of season sales just to hike the prices up to resell them is problematic and unfair, espescially when the bag I want sells out in minutes and pops up on eBay with an inflated price! Go on and disagree all you want, LOL!

Toni: I gotta say when I find the bargains to resell I'm thrilled. When I see an item I searched for on eBay that has been inflated I think..well that's not fair! Human Nature? Probably!

Oh sorry I'm with you as far as sample sales and limited edition etc. Those sales should be limited. One person shouldn't buy everything. I was more talking about Target. I have seen the errors of my thinking. If I was gonna resell Target I could see me buying a little at 3 stores and then going back and getting more I couldn't see me gobbling everything up at one store and not leaving anything for someone else. I hate returning stuff that's a last resort. I bought a bunch of stuff(not at Target) and when I looked at the receipt the cashier charged me twice for a couple things. She made a mistake so I was courteous and asked for a refund and I had to fill out things and show my license. I asked why they said it was policy for people who return items constantly. I'm not returning I said I was overcharged. Target could limit returns and that 90 days is generous. Oh well I guess.