Online Order from Selfridges

yenhailam

Sep 14, 2020
Is this a normal packaging for Selfridges? Torn Selfridges box tapped Repacked, no Saint Laurent box, no tag on the bag, only tag on the dust bag, and no receipt. This is my first purchase there shipped to the US. Thanks.

5645D69E-93CF-44EB-8BB9-549C14D9497F.jpeg

B0429383-AB59-4752-BE16-8FCE818C5CED.jpeg

76383733-DAD9-4BEA-8719-3BC5AFDBA65B.jpeg

9706A4C6-8362-452E-952E-CBDB6D76D4C5.jpeg

3C26AB74-99E1-4A79-8C54-9EEE3E0A0B2D.jpeg

so_sofya1985

Jewellery Addict
Sep 29, 2012
london
Is this a normal packaging for Selfridges? Torn Selfridges box tapped Repacked, no Saint Laurent box, no tag on the bag, only tag on the dust bag, and no receipt. This is my first purchase there shipped to the US. Thanks.

View attachment 4848624

View attachment 4848625

View attachment 4848626

View attachment 4848627

View attachment 4848628
Oh my god, no not at all! I live in the UK and never ever received my orders looking this messy. I say your local customs had its way with it... it has been clearly unpacked..

Reactions: nycgirl79

nycgirl79

Born & raised Manhattanite, addicted to traveling
O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
nyc
Oh my god, no not at all! I live in the UK and never ever received my orders looking this messy. I say your local customs had its way with it... it has been clearly unpacked..
Yikes... Going by the “repacked” sticker, I’d assume that DHL (possibly requested by customs?) got into your package... I am also in the US, but the order I received from Selfridges looked nothing like yours. While I didn’t receive a Saint Laurent box either (also no Selfridges dust bag), my purse was packaged neatly, with a Selfridges tag attached to the purse, as well as the receipt. I would suggest reaching out to Selfridges to let them know that your bag arrived in such a state of disarray - their customer service is excellent.

Packaging issues aside, is the bag ok?

yenhailam

Sep 14, 2020
Yikes... Going by the “repacked” sticker, I’d assume that DHL (possibly requested by customs?) got into your package... I am also in the US, but the order I received from Selfridges looked nothing like yours. While I didn’t receive a Saint Laurent box either (also no Selfridges dust bag), my purse was packaged neatly, with a Selfridges tag attached to the purse, as well as the receipt. I would suggest reaching out to Selfridges to let them know that your bag arrived in such a state of disarray - their customer service is excellent.

Packaging issues aside, is the bag ok?
Thank you for the reply. Did your order have the yellow tag that said something like it can't be returned if the tag is removed? I did not see any tag like that. I sent them an email and still waiting for their response.

The packaging issues makes me doubt the authenticity of the bag. The serial code matched the authenticity card though. That is all I can tell.

yenhailam

Sep 14, 2020
My first experience with them but I guess it's gonna be the last. Thank you for replying.

Mar 15, 2011

View attachment 4848624

View attachment 4848625

View attachment 4848626

View attachment 4848627

View attachment 4848628
I'm sorry this happened. Did it impact your bag at all? Scratches or dents? I would bet, as others have said, that it was customs and not Selfridges that unboxed and re-taped your package.

My understanding is that most retailers only send out SL boxes for small leather goods, but you could always ask them.

Reactions: yenhailam

yenhailam

Sep 14, 2020
I'm sorry this happened. Did it impact your bag at all? Scratches or dents? I would bet, as others have said, that it was customs and not Selfridges that unboxed and re-taped your package.

My understanding is that most retailers only send out SL boxes for small leather goods, but you could always ask them.
Thanks for replying. The bag is fine but there's no tag on it which is weird. I reached out to them and still waiting for the response.

Iceskater88

Lover of Salchows
Jul 22, 2020
NorCal
As others have said this is not normal packing for Selfridges. I haven’t received a box from SL ordering from them, but the last two times, they were wrapped nicely in tissue and dust bag.

dice7074

Aug 23, 2014
I maybe a little late to respond, but when I ordered my YSL chain wallet from Selfridges, my item was packaged beautifully with everything including the Saint Laurent box and dustbag. The tissue paper was nicely folded. They even included a nice yellow card sleeve for my receipt. The only thing I did not receive was a Selfridges dustbag, which I'm actually okay with because I prefer the Saint Laurent one anyway.

I hope they respond to you soon, if they haven't already. It would be such a disappointment if Selfridges let this one go. Good luck!

Reactions: nycgirl79

nycgirl79

Born & raised Manhattanite, addicted to traveling
O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
nyc
Thank you for the reply. Did your order have the yellow tag that said something like it can't be returned if the tag is removed? I did not see any tag like that. I sent them an email and still waiting for their response.

The packaging issues makes me doubt the authenticity of the bag. The serial code matched the authenticity card though. That is all I can tell.
Nope. The only tag that was attached to my bag was a Selfridges tag, with the price on it. I would honestly not be concerned about authenticity, Selfridges is an extremely reputable store. The only thing I would have an issue with is the condition of the actual bag. If there are scratches, dents, or any sort of damage, then I would make sure Selfridges does an exchange at absolutely no cost to you.

yenhailam

Sep 14, 2020
I maybe a little late to respond, but when I ordered my YSL chain wallet from Selfridges, my item was packaged beautifully with everything including the Saint Laurent box and dustbag. The tissue paper was nicely folded. They even included a nice yellow card sleeve for my receipt. The only thing I did not receive was a Selfridges dustbag, which I'm actually okay with because I prefer the Saint Laurent one anyway.

I hope they respond to you soon, if they haven't already. It would be such a disappointment if Selfridges let this one go. Good luck!
Thanks for replying. After I left the review on trustpilot.com and messaged them on Facebook they responded to me via Facebook messenger. They agreed to let me return for full refund. I did some research and a lot of reviews that Selfridges says packages were lost or damaged and they don't refund; or take so long for them to refund. So I just keep the bag to save myself a headache but I'll never buy anything from them ever again.