Online Fundraising Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auriverde

Dec 13, 2006
Does anyone have any good ideas on online fundraising? I can't post the link on tpf because I don't have enough posts yet but just wondering if anyone has done an online fundraiser and been successful. Thanks!

Jul 23, 2008
Vancouver, BC
There are a lot of websites (e.g. Kintera) that allow participants of different events or fundraisers to send emails to friends for online donations - it actually works pretty well for a few reasons:
1 - You get people when they are in front of the computer so it is more likely that they will click on the link to donate
2 - People are more likely to donate more money when they use a credit card online (which I'm sure all online shoppers can attest to :smile: )

You could also consider using EBay for an online auction (like a worldwide garage sale)

Good luck! What are you fundraising for?

auriverde

Dec 13, 2006
Thanks so much PrincessCayenne!

I'm actually fundraising for surgery on my jaw. It's not developed properly and like shifted more to one side so it's really painful. I decided to try online fundraising since I don't have much family or a large network of friends so what has been given so far is no where close to covering the costs.

Jan 10, 2008
that must be real painful, my brother had jaw surgery done a few years ago and before it he was in pretty bad pain. i hear the surgery itself is kinda bad too but afterwards the pain goes away.

not sure if this is against tpf rules but y don't u ask a tpf'er who has higher post count to add the link in their signature? i think the post count might be 1000 but i am sure someone would be able to help.

u can also ask local places like grocery stores, etc that might know u or places u visit a lot if they can help.

When r u planning on having the surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.