Online diamond retailers

Musician

Aug 24, 2007
I'm looking to buy a pair of diamonds to set into solitaire earrings. The prices on some online retailers seem so much lower than at the usual jewellor I go to. For intance, my friend just bought a 1.17 ct F VS2 vg-vg-vg diamond for about US$11,000 at the jewellor but I'm looking at 1.2ct E/F VS2 diamonds online for around US$8,000. Does anyone have any experience with these online retailers like BlueNile, Abazias etc? Any recommendations?

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
I've read great things about goodoldgold.com and whiteflash.com, as well as James Allen's site. Not bought from anyone yet though- looking into doing a pendant though!

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
check out whiteflash.com, jamesallen.com and goodoldgold.com

Can I make a suggestion?
I'm sure you have good reasons. . . but you realize you'll get far less for your $ by wanting E/F color and VS2 right?
On your ears, NO ONE will be able to know that they're that color or clarity.
I promise that if you slide down to F/G color and SI1 not even a jeweler could tell on your ears and you can easily get .5 carat larger PER EAR = 1 full carat bigger total.
Also, MAKE VERY SURE the cut is exceptional. The color and clarity won't matter if the cut isn't amazing.

Musician

Aug 24, 2007
Thanks for all the comments! Yeah, I agree that E/F sells for a premium. I will be looking at G/H/I as well. :idea:

My main concern was whether I would part with my money and never see it or the goods again. That's a risk with all online retailers, jewellery or otherwise, but bec diamonds cost so much, the risk seems that much more 'real'.