Tech OnePlus 5...The best phone on the market and it's less expensive than the S8 and IPhone 7?

Charles

Sucks at budgeting
O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
I stopped extending my phone contract 3 years ago and bought OnePlus' initial phone offering, the OnePlus One. Three years later and it's still chugging along and does exactly what I need it to do. Now they're on their 5th offering and it looks to be an amazing phone, and it's $200+ cheaper than an iPhone 7 and $100 cheaper than an S8 (And with better specs). If you want to get out of your contract (I pay $40/month for unlimited LTE, tethered down to 3G after 5GB, calls and texts) and buy a phone outright, you can't go wrong with the OP5...in my opinion. :smile:

http://gizmodo.com/the-oneplus-5-is-the-new-android-iphone-ripoff-in-a-ver-1796239952

oneplus-5-design-renders-leak.jpg

Reactions: leechiyong
Don't think I'll give up my SE until something else its size comes out, but I do agree that the OnePlus 5 is a great phone.

I know it's not particularly economical, but my real dream would be a 4 in. Essential Phone.

Don't think I'll give up my SE until something else its size comes out, but I do agree that the OnePlus 5 is a great phone.

I know it's not particularly economical, but my real dream would be a 4 in. Essential Phone.

Yeah, given my hands are a tad bigger (I'm assuming), I prefer the larger phones. I had the Dell Streak when it came out and people used to tease me about having a laptop as a phone. Now, pretty much every phone screen is close to that size. Even old school iPhone users have phablet phones now. But yeah, at this point, the tech is so far ahead that there's really no need to buy a phone every year or two. You can easily get by with a Galaxy S5 or iPhone 5

Yeah, given my hands are a tad bigger (I'm assuming), I prefer the larger phones. I had the Dell Streak when it came out and people used to tease me about having a laptop as a phone. Now, pretty much every phone screen is close to that size. Even old school iPhone users have phablet phones now. But yeah, at this point, the tech is so far ahead that there's really no need to buy a phone every year or two. You can easily get by with a Galaxy S5 or iPhone 5
Agreed. Unless if you're on an old device where bugs get introduced to older models that they refuse to fix *side eyes at you, Apple* or you have a tendency to drop it...:angel: When selecting a replacement of my dropped HTC M9, it was between the M10 and the SE and size won. I literally prefer everything about the M10, but I haven't regretted it in the slightest. I don't even miss the larger screen; I readjusted in about a week.

In other news and back to topic, DH just put in his order for the OnePlus 5. Have you ordered yours yet?

Agreed. Unless if you're on an old device where bugs get introduced to older models that they refuse to fix *side eyes at you, Apple* or you have a tendency to drop it...:angel: When selecting a replacement of my dropped HTC M9, it was between the M10 and the SE and size won. I literally prefer everything about the M10, but I haven't regretted it in the slightest. I don't even miss the larger screen; I readjusted in about a week.

In other news and back to topic, DH just put in his order for the OnePlus 5. Have you ordered yours yet?

Awesome! Let me know how he likes it.
No. I'm fine with my 3 year old phone! Haha! If anything, I'll pick up the OP3T if they lower the price to under $400 soon.

Awesome! Let me know how he likes it.
No. I'm fine with my 3 year old phone! Haha! If anything, I'll pick up the OP3T if they lower the price to under $400 soon.
Nice. Think the OnePlus 3T is what he has now and he likes it enough to get the newest release. They really are amazing looking phones for the fact that they're the latest specs and priced where they are.

I am using a Oneplus 2 currently, and placed my order for the 5 when the phones were released to general availability at midnight on the 27th. It will arrive tomorrow!! SUPER QUICK for international (Canada) shipping. I'm really excited for this upgrade!

My husband managed to nab one from the early drop and has been using it for about a week. The specs for the price cannot be beat.

It'll probably wind up in our shrine of technologies past in the guest bedroom, where we chant "but what if I need it!" So far it's done the trick; neither of us have needed to use it when the old item been has added lol.

Haha! I'll just mail you my old OnePlus One and you can use that, if you need it. ;)

It'll probably wind up in our shrine of technologies past in the guest bedroom, where we chant "but what if I need it!" So far it's done the trick; neither of us have needed to use it when the old item been has added lol.

Guess who's phone started acting up this past weekend. I was looking on their site but they're sold out of the 3T. So yeah, I'm serious about wanting to buy his old one if he decides to free it from its prison shrine of technology. ;P

Guess who's phone started acting up this past weekend. I was looking on their site but they're sold out of the 3T. So yeah, I'm serious about wanting to buy his old one if he decides to free it from its prison shrine of technology. ;P
Ugh, that stinks. I'll let you know if it's ever released lol.

I stopped extending my phone contract 3 years ago and bought OnePlus' initial phone offering, the OnePlus One. Three years later and it's still chugging along and does exactly what I need it to do. Now they're on their 5th offering and it looks to be an amazing phone, and it's $200+ cheaper than an iPhone 7 and $100 cheaper than an S8 (And with better specs). If you want to get out of your contract (I pay $40/month for unlimited LTE, tethered down to 3G after 5GB, calls and texts) and buy a phone outright, you can't go wrong with the OP5...in my opinion. :smile:

http://gizmodo.com/the-oneplus-5-is-the-new-android-iphone-ripoff-in-a-ver-1796239952

oneplus-5-design-renders-leak.jpg
Did you ever get a new phone? If not, slightly off topic, but have you heard anything on the Huawei Honor 7x?

Did you ever get a new phone? If not, slightly off topic, but have you heard anything on the Huawei Honor 7x?

I got in on a pretty good deal for the Essential phone ($200, retails for $500). It's not really what I wanted, but my OnePlus One was over 3 years old and I wanted something new.
https://www.essential.com/

I've heard good things about most of the Huawei line of phones. My son has the Honor 5 (I think) and he seems to like it. Honestly, I just read the reviews from Engadget, Gizmodo, and Cnet to kinda figure out what to get. They tend to give fairly unbiased reviews. I might sell my Essential phone and pick up a OnePlus 5T as that's really what I want.

I got in on a pretty good deal for the Essential phone ($200, retails for $500). It's not really what I wanted, but my OnePlus One was over 3 years old and I wanted something new.
https://www.essential.com/

I've heard good things about most of the Huawei line of phones. My son has the Honor 5 (I think) and he seems to like it. Honestly, I just read the reviews from Engadget, Gizmodo, and Cnet to kinda figure out what to get. They tend to give fairly unbiased reviews. I might sell my Essential phone and pick up a OnePlus 5T as that's really what I want.
You got an Essential phone at that price? Seriously envious; it’s a gorgeous phone. If I were willing to get something larger, that’d be it or the Razer phone. Until then, I’m hoping that Apple doesn’t increase the size of the SE 2 and releases it soon otherwise I may finally commit to the underspec’d Unihertz Jelly.