*~ One Year Anniversary with LV - Speedy B DE 30 Quality ~*

that_claudz

Jan 6, 2013
Ok I admit, it's not quite a year yet, but it was last January that I purchased my first LV bag. Although I've owned other contemporary designer bags previously, this was the purchase that led me down the slippery slope of LV! Hehe. Since this bag, I've saved and been lucky enough to purchase my HG and 5 LV SLGs amongst other goodies. I won't list them all or photographed them all because then it will bring to light how much I really spent this year. Haha. Those of you who have followed my reveals know what's been on my wish list and what I have crossed off during 2013. :smile:

In celebration of one awesome year with my Speedy B, I wanted to post some photos because I know tPF really helped me during my purchase process. For those of you who are unsure of the quality, or whether this bag might suit you, I hope this helps!

A few points before I put the photos up!

* I initially wanted a Speedy 30 but I am glad I spent extra on the Speedy B! The double zips and the shoulder straps are really useful!
* Since I purchased this bag, price for this has gone up 3 times! Eeep! :no-good:
* I have carried this bag in light rain, it's my go to bag in bad weather!
* When I first got this bag, I used it every weekend. (I don't use this for work) Since I have acquired other bags, I now rotate this in my collection. Nonetheless, I think it's holding up really well!
* I have only cleaned the lock ONCE, using the tomato sauce trick someone posted on tPF! It's looking a bit dirty at the moment. :oh:
* The leather has held up well. I had some issues with the handles where it looked like the insides were 'fraying'. This seems to have gone away with use. I know other tPFers have experienced the same. :smile:
* Hardware is a little scratched where the shoulder straps clip. That is to be expected though since I mostly use it as a shoulder bag.
* Creases from the way the bag was folded took about 6 months before it completely disappeared. I store this bag in a different dust bag so that I don't have to fold it when she is not in use.

Overall very happy with my bag still!

Thanks for letting me share my journey!

Last edited:
I purchased Brasso at Home Depot yesterday for only $3 and the lock looks like new (except of the scratches), and it took only half a minute to clean. I tried the tomato trick before too, but the Brasso did the job way better :smile:

Thanks! I have been really lazy with cleaning the lock to be honest! The lock on my Alma is much nicer and shinier. Though this bag has been used a lot more! I will try your suggestion! :smile:

Still looks fabulous. Glad to hear that you are still loving your Speedy B and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for dropping in! She really still does look perfect besides some of the hardware. Though that is expected! It is a bag that's used and loved. Hopefully this encourages others who might be doubting this bag. It is so durable and practical! :smile:

Thanks! I have been really lazy with cleaning the lock to be honest! The lock on my Alma is much nicer and shinier. Though this bag has been used a lot more! I will try your suggestion! :smile:
I know that the Speedy lock is made of brass, that is why it is tarnishing. I do not have an Alma, but I also noticed how bright and shiny their locks are, maybe they are made of a different type of metal.

I know that the Speedy lock is made of brass, that is why it is tarnishing. I do not have an Alma, but I also noticed how bright and shiny their locks are, maybe they are made of a different type of metal.

I had no idea that they might be made of different types of metal? Just thought it's because my Alma is newer and rarely used... It doesn't bother me too much, I think if it eventually looks too scratched up, I'll just take it off! :smile:

Still looks fantastic!! Thank you for sharing and so glad you still like it! I am a big fan of the DE Speedy B 30 and 25, using them regularly for half a year now, can fit so much, so carefree, convenient and versatile couldn't be happier! Love it :smile: