One vs Many

I would pick the one high end designer bag over the three mid-end designer bags. In the past, I have bought mid-end designer bags because I figured I was getting the better deal ... I get to carry around 3 different bags instead of always carrying one. But in the end, I always end up buying the high end designer bag I wanted in the first place ... so basically I ended up spending more money. The mid-end designer bags wind up being given away to my family or friends.

So why not get the most powerful fix right from the start? It actually SAVES you money - LOLOL!!! How's THAT logic!!!!:rolleyes:

I LOVE that logic! :roflmfao: I totally agree. I think you should go for the higher end desinger bag, only because they will be timeless and will last your forever. I'd take a chanel or LV bag over a couple of Coach bags anyday.

I vote for high end only because I have been there and done that. Purse addictions seem to start out in the more comfortably priced 'designer' arenas. By comfort I mean you more easily stop sweating the gut wrenching $300 price tag. But suddenly the high of a quality bag has you scrambling for another fix. Suddenly $700 is "worth it". That high really makes your head spin and you start seeing stars. Isabella Fiore did that for me while Coach and Juicy Couture and Kooba were the start ups. Then it's just a hop skip and a jump to $1000. (Gucci for me) After that $1500 - $2000 becomes "What's the big deal?" And if it is ON SALE - welllll then. ALrighty NOW. You are home and guilt free. So why not get the most powerful fix right from the start? It actually SAVES you money - LOLOL!!! How's THAT logic!!!!:rolleyes:

Im in the $300.00 phaze right now...But planning on purchasing a Gucci soon. I totally understand what you're saying! And thats EXACTLY what happens! Although I dont know if once I get to the Gucci, Fendi, LV level...if I will entirely stop buying Dooney and Coach. Hmm...we shall see! lol
Oh..but to answer the question lol. I DO prefer quantity over "quality" I guess you could say. I would rather have a million different color/style bags to go with every outfit. Then to have that ONE bag. Thats just me...good luck with whatever you decide. You will be happy in the end.

I have a similar mentality and have been focused on buying one fabulous high end bag. But after I buy it, I only use it for a short period of time and then just store it away. My Chloes, Tods, LVs, MJs, Diors, Guccis and even BVs are in storage boxes, practically brand new.

That's why I got to thinking that perhaps I should triple my pleasure with some less expensive brands instead. Because there's quite a thrill in telling the SA "I'll take it!"

if one bag will satisfy you (at least temporarily) then go for the one...but then again i'm not that big of a fan of IF, cole haan etc....I'd rather have a mJ or LV that i can use on daily basis than 3 ok bags.

I would definitely just get the one nice one..but get what you love, don't get something just because it's designer. They do tend to last longer but if you feel you might tire of it quickly, get a couple of cheaper ones.

Get the bag which catches ya eye, and the one that you just MUST have!

That was the way with me when I got bit by the Bbag bug, and now it's like crack cos now one just ain't enough! :P

i would also go for the one high end because i think you'll be in love with it longer. the thing is, if you buy the mid level bags and then in a year or whatever get the really great one, you'll never want to use the mid ones again and then all that money went to waste