One Tree Hill - The Final Season

Wilmington, NC, where OTH is filmed, will miss the show. Nearly everyday our newspaper has an article on the fans, the cast, the sets and props, the production people, etc. It has meant a tremendous amount to the local economy.

It always surprises me how far some of the fans travel to take tours of the favorite local filming areas. It must have some really devoted followers.

boxermom said:
Wilmington, NC, where OTH is filmed, will miss the show. Nearly everyday our newspaper has an article on the fans, the cast, the sets and props, the production people, etc. It has meant a tremendous amount to the local economy.

It always surprises me how far some of the fans travel to take tours of the favorite local filming areas. It must have some really devoted followers.

I lived in Wilmington years ago and it was really neat to see it filmed and meet the cast (still sad I misplaced the photos!) Definitely kept a lot of the businesses going and the economy there still wasn't fantastic. Hopefully it's recovered a bit since so the loss won't be as felt.

ETA I missed the 'our' part of your post and that you live there. I miss it sometimes! Somewhat curious if my name's still carved on a wood table by the water downtown lol

That opening was such a tease. I assume who it is will be the arc this season?

^^No kidding. I really hate that story line and the story line that Mouth is fat and needs to lose weight? The scenes with him and Skillz are just filler it seems like.

What did you guys think of the past few eps? The crazy kidnappers/Brooke's attacker/Dan? I was pretty upset what happened to Dan. To me, anytime he's involved in a story line, it's GOOD OTH. I love him as a villain, but I was happy to see him show Nathan how much he loves him despite being an ahole over the years. And Nate calling him Dad during the last ep. *tear.

Only two episodes left. How do you think it will end?

Last nights episode was really good. I always liked Dan, despite what he did he was one of my favourite characters. I hope there are more surprise cameos, I totally was not expecting to see Keith.

^^ Wow we totally posted at the time.

^^^ LOL, great minds....

I wasn't expecting Keith either! I liked that scene. I wish Lucas was on for more than a hot second. I'm hoping the finale won't disappoint. I feel like the kidnapper/Xavier ep could have been the last if they extended it with the Dan ep.

I really wish they saved the Lucas return for this past episode, it would have been so much more dramatic. The part he came back for was so pointless!

It'll be a 2 hour finale! I'm sure they will end it ok.

Only one episode left. I'm going to cry so much next week. I fell in love with the series back in 2003 when I was 16 years old, it's been part of my life ever since. Grew up watching it.

So sad that the finale is next week! I'm 23 so I grew up with the show, too, never missed an episode. Had the opportunity to visit the set, see it filmed, and meet some of the cast back in 2005 and they were such sweet people. Definitely going to miss it!