One of the MANY new leathers for SS2008 - Chevre Mangalore

Wait! Don't get carried away! I think I read from somewhere in this forum, that the clothes would be brightly coloured, but bags would be in pastel (toned down) colours to complement the RTW. Can't expect bags and clothes to clash or worse still, steal the thunder from the clothes!

MrsS,
I've heard curry as well. I've also heard gray, the color of elephants. Also was told that the new leather is going to be lighter and quite a few brights which includes fuchsia.

I actually got a peek at the new colors today!!!
I couldn't very well pull out my Ulysse and write down everything :P but I did manage to make a couple of discreet notes.
What I learned: my overall impressions of the new color palette was that almost all the colors are very muted, with the exception of two different *very bright* turquoise colors, and a new and absolutely stunning red.
The new leathers as far as I could tell were:
1) a new type of Clemence with a much heavier, larger grain, and much thicker overall.
2) a new calfskin called Veau Tadelakt, that is heavy and smooth, but not as shiny as box. It seemed a bit more scratch-resistant as well.
3) As mentioned previously, Chevre Mangalore, which is a finely grained goatskin. I was unable to determine whether it will replace CDC or...?? Mangalore is much less grainy and even lighter weight than CDC. The sample I saw was in Vert Olive, which was absolutely stunning.
4) Veau Sikkim: Very smooth and light, quite similar to Swift, but again it seemed a bit more scratch-resistant.

As for colors, the main one that I fel in love with was Rouge Piment, the new red I mentioned. It's a blue-toned deep red, almost a cross between Rouge H and Rouge Garance. However, according to my contact, this leather will not be offered for bags, only for small goods like agendas. There was also a new taupe-y color, lighter and less cool in tone than Etoupe, but I didn't get the name of it (it was the one that was in Mangalore in the book I saw). The other colors included Curry (just what it sounds like), a new brick-ish color, another mustardy color with a lot of green in it, and similarly muted tones. There was also a really beautiful warm brown, called Marron something (not Marron Fonce); the sample I saw of this was also very heavily grained.
Hope this is helpful!!

edited: I didn't see a purple color in the book I saw.

You know what just occurred to me as well...it's going to be really very difficult for counterfeiters to match or even come close to these colors. They're very complex. And the leather textures are also fairly unique, at least I thought so.

Yay, Hermes! Staying one step ahead of the fakers is always a good thing. :yahoo: