One of our Nordstroms is not carrying L.A.M.B.

closetofpurses

I like stuff!
O.G.
Jan 4, 2008
Hi All,

Is that weird that one Nord's would stop, but the other 2 in the state supposedly are still going to? For any Michiganders-the Nord's that stopped is the new one that opened at Partridge Creek (down the road from Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights).

In that couple mile stretch of Mall's there's like 7 places to buy Coach, 2 of them being actual Coach stores. I wish there was a L.A.M.B. store!

Laurie

Sadly, L.A.M.B has been dropped from many Nordies....we talked about it somewhere on this forum before. Even though I prefer to order off line b/c price adjustments are drastically easier to get on line then in the store. I still like to go to Norides and check the bags out.

that's not good. We (nashville) are getting a Nordies supposedly next year and L.A.M.B. is not very popular here in the south but I was counting on them to be my l.a.m.b supplier:P. Hopefully they will carry some.

I don't understand why Nordstrom's would pull the L.A.M.B. purses. I know my store did but still carry the clothing line. You would think if the store had one it would have the other?

Oh how much trouble would I be if there was a L.A.M.B. store. And to have a job there, with the discount and the inside knowledge. I would be in lambie heaven :tender::girlsigh:!!!

I am having a feeling L.A.M.B. doesn't do very well in stores because of the surplus at Off Fifth and Rack. I know that my local Von Maur hasn't sold ANY of the LAMB they have stocked.

the brand needs to focus more on a monogram, easy collection - like LV. and than have a few special editions here and there.

I am having a feeling L.A.M.B. doesn't do very well in stores because of the surplus at Off Fifth and Rack. I know that my local Von Maur hasn't sold ANY of the LAMB they have stocked.

the brand needs to focus more on a monogram, easy collection - like LV. and than have a few special editions here and there.

I totally agree with this. Can you imagine all the variations of the Original Saddle that can be made? that's a sig print that should not have gone away. At minimum, keep the style names the same.

But on a different note - a lot of department stores are dropping brands. i've heard of Saks stores dropping MJ, and not even carrying higher-end brands other than within the boutiques inside their stores.

I think that is definitely the issue with LAMB. I don't want for LAMB to turn into LV, but LV definately knows how to make money.

LAMB should have kept the Saddle and produced the Rasta for a longer period of time. All of this stuff popping up seems like LAMB is just a manufacturer of high end bags - none of the bags keep the same image or look.

As far as Saks, if they are getting rid of designer bags than they obviously are not thinking. I think they just need to re-evaluate their buying habits. Sometimes stores order some UGLY bags relying on the brand name. If I was Saks I would DEFIANTLY not loose MJ - I'd get rid of Juicy, LAMB, Tory Burch, etc. They just have too much...

I love all the discussion generated in this post. I was a little worried that L.A.M.B. was being dropped-worried what other stores might do it, too.

I know the economy everywhere is bad, i'm not sure about the other states you all live in, but Michigan is near the bottom of the barrel with everything going down the tubes with the auto industry/jobs all related in many ways that employed so many people-a chain so long i never realized. A lot of these areas are where the high end Malls are, where people shopped. I don't know how many of the stores like Lord & Taylor, the many Macy's, Saks'. Neiman's & Nord's could continue to function here.

I love the idea for L.A.M.B. to "focus more on a monogram, easy collection - like LV. and than have a few special editions here and there", like vhsethan mentioned. Wow, that would be great!

How the heck does Coach do it, sell so many purses in so many areas right next to eachother? I wonder if that's not going to last, either. I'm not against Coach-i own a few i love. But they have such massive collections of bags.

Laurie

I love all the discussion generated in this post. I was a little worried that L.A.M.B. was being dropped-worried what other stores might do it, too.

I know the economy everywhere is bad, i'm not sure about the other states you all live in, but Michigan is near the bottom of the barrel with everything going down the tubes with the auto industry/jobs all related in many ways that employed so many people-a chain so long i never realized. A lot of these areas are where the high end Malls are, where people shopped. I don't know how many of the stores like Lord & Taylor, the many Macy's, Saks'. Neiman's & Nord's could continue to function here.

I love the idea for L.A.M.B. to "focus more on a monogram, easy collection - like LV. and than have a few special editions here and there", like vhsethan mentioned. Wow, that would be great!

How the heck does Coach do it, sell so many purses in so many areas right next to eachother? I wonder if that's not going to last, either. I'm not against Coach-i own a few i love. But they have such massive collections of bags.

Laurie

They premier new bags EVERY month!! Lately, they have not been that cheap either....I own/owned some coach as well. They make nice stuff. The only thing is where I am from if you have a coach your considered "hot stuff" so everyone has it. Thats my only peeve about it. And believe it or not it was not like this when I left for college (2004) no one knew what a designer bag was in my school! Unless it was an LV Knock off from our local flee market (you should see the place now and all the horrendous bags:wtf:) I am happy I escaped the designer bag craze when I was in hs my part time receptionist job at the local nursing home would not have supplemented my habit and gas for my car!! It has defiantly changed though. South Jersey even though only about a 2hr drive from NYC is defiantly in its own world. I mean cow boy boots and hats are considered fashionable here...lol

I agree! By doing so many different designs for every season, LAMB doesn't have a clear cut recognizable monogram (for better or for worse). There are people out there who are carrying a LAMB without even realizing they're carrying a LAMB bag - unlike people who carry LV, Gucci or Coach know what they are carrying. Personally, I think the saddle signature print should've been the staple with variations like the Bullseye, different colours and in different styles of bags. It's classic, sophisticated and trendy all at the same time. Then special edition bags with full leather, etc.

In a way, I'm not surprised Saks is getting rid of MJ - the Saks I visit rarely sell an MJ bag - there's much more sales going on with Prada, LV and Chanel. MJ isn't as popular - honestly I'm the only one I know that even carries a MbMJ bag. Rarely anyone buys a MbMJ there as well.

closetofpurses: It's the outlets and almost all Coach styles appeal from 7 years old kids to 90 year old grandmas. Kind of non-threatening suburban thing (I do have a couple of Coach bags too). Even without the outlets, almost everyone can afford even a Coach wristlet or a keyfob. LAMB doesn't have that mainstream and wide range appeal. I find that it's either you love it or you don't.

I think LAMB screwed up by producing such a variety of bags that didn't insure quality. As LAMB gets picked up by more and more stores they are going to have to do SOMETHING to beat out Coach, Burberry, or even LV.
Coach does repair on ANYTHING produced by the label. LV and Burberry carry a recognizable status...

LAMB is just a mix of a million little pieces. They really need to focus in on where they are going, otherwise, people are just going to stop purchasing.

I, myself, have NEVER purchased a LAMB full price and have since moved away from the collection and sold most of my pieces. It just didn't make sense to me to continue babying my bags when I could spend less than $100 more (in some instances) and get an LV or save a few hundred and get a Coach bag (I wouldn't).

When I've emailed Schifter it is a slow, unmotivated response. Schifter does not care about the customer, and that is apparent. As more consumers purchase and come across problems they will also realize this and gravitate towards another brand; most people aren't willing to sacrifice $400 for a brand that doesn't care...