One 'n Only Moroccan oil products from Sally - anyone try them?

pmburk

O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
I've heard the raves about Moroccan oil - last time I got my hair cut, the stylist used some on my hair and it came out super sleek and gorgeous - a miracle for my thick, coarse, dry hair. This evening I picked up the One 'n Only shampoo, conditioner, mask & oil from Sally Beauty and am looking forward to trying them. They've all gotten great reviews on the Sally site as well as Folica & Makeup Alley - would love to hear if any of you ladies have used these products and what you think of them!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/moroccan-Treatment/SBS-539400,default,pd.html

http://www.sallybeauty.com/moisturizing-shampoo/SBS-539402,default,pd.html

I've tried the Conditioner and the Oil and I would highly recommend them. I have to only use the tiniest amount of the oil otherwise I look extremely greasy. I'm looking forward to trying the shampoo next.

Both these products and the original Moroccan oil are actually more silicone than anything else - don't get me wrong, my hair loves 'coney products, but I think it's a bit misleading that they call them oil products.

If you like the way they work on your hair, do post back! I could always do with some more 'cone-intense treatments (^(oo)^)

If it's the Argan oil you're after (which is what the product literature talks up) I recommend Kiehl's Superbly Restorative Argan Dry Oil instead (^(oo)^)v

I haven't tried the products yet - will probably try them tomorrow when I wash my hair.

LVPiggy - my hair loves 'cones, too. I think it really depends on your hair type - my hair is extremely coarse and thick with a tendency to frizz, and the 'cones are the only thing that really get it sleek & smooth. I agree about this and the original Moroccan Oil being a bit misleadin, though - argan oil is fairly low on the ingredient list after all the 'cones.

I love Kiehl's products - I use their hair pre-wash oil sometimes, so I'll try their argan oil next time I'm picking something up. Sounds interesting!

I've been using the oil for several months and I really like it. But, like Piggy said it's not so much on the Argan oil. Thank for the recommendation Piggy!

i use the Moroccan shampoo and conditioner! it works really, really well for me. i have really long hair that used to get tangled a lot, but this just makes my hair a lot easier to work with. plus, i'd been using pantene and those brands for a really long time, so this has also been repairing my hair. i highly recommend it!

Thanks ladies! I tried the products this morning. I used the shampoo, the mask and the oil. The shampoo left my hair feeling very soft and hydrated, but it didn't lather at all. I had to wash my hair 4 times to get any lather, and even then it was extremely minimal. This could be because I hadn't washed my hair in 3 days and I had some dirty product buildup, so I'm not going to fault the shampoo. The mask was awesome, very thick & buttery. After rinsing, my hair felt detangled, soft and sleek. I used a tiny bit of the oil before blow drying and my hair was shiny and dried quickly, but not any straighter than usual. Used a touch more oil and flat ironed. My hair is soft, sleek, and very shiny. I'll be anxious to see how it performs over time.

Thanks ladies! I tried the products this morning. I used the shampoo, the mask and the oil. The shampoo left my hair feeling very soft and hydrated, but it didn't lather at all. I had to wash my hair 4 times to get any lather, and even then it was extremely minimal. This could be because I hadn't washed my hair in 3 days and I had some dirty product buildup, so I'm not going to fault the shampoo. The mask was awesome, very thick & buttery. After rinsing, my hair felt detangled, soft and sleek. I used a tiny bit of the oil before blow drying and my hair was shiny and dried quickly, but not any straighter than usual. Used a touch more oil and flat ironed. My hair is soft, sleek, and very shiny. I'll be anxious to see how it performs over time.

Don't worry about it not lathering! Some of the greatest shampoos do not lather that much - it is a good thing, it most likely means they haven't added sulfates (??) that help create a lather. Compare it to toothpaste - a toothpaste lathers really well because they have added sulfates to the formula - an all-natural toothpaste would be plain old baking soda, which tastes gross and doesn't lather (this is probably THE BEST toothpaste for your teeth...but I wouldn't want to use baking soda every day, EW!).

Just my 2 cents - hope it helps! I would also like to check out the Sally Argon Oil line as I find the Moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for the size. Right now I am using Joico KPak, which is the same price for a full litre. I do use the Moroccan oil after every shampoo.

Do any of you ladies use a heat protection spray on your hair after you apply the oil? I tired the shampoo, conditioner, and oil this morning. My hair came out a little greasy. I think its the spray that did me in. Should I just skip the spray next time? I ended up blasting my hair with some dry shampoo and that took away most of the greasiness.

I just use the oil, no other styling products. I use about a 1/2 dime size amount for my hair, which is chin length, but extremely thick. Maybe you were using too much?

On days I don't wash I do use a dab of Aquelle Lusterizer (similar to Fekkai Glossing Cream) before touching up with the flat iron.

So far these products are awesome on my hair, although I do use a regular shampoo every few days to combat buildup. My hair has looked much sleeker, shinier, and less frizzy.

I've tried the Conditioner and the Oil and I would highly recommend them. I have to only use the tiniest amount of the oil otherwise I look extremely greasy. I'm looking forward to trying the shampoo next.

Yup. I've been using the One n' Only Oil for about 6 weeks. I have super baby fine hair and no matter what I do, it mattes terribly when wet. This is finally the only product I've found that allows me to comb through my hair. I have shoulder length hair and use about a nickel's worth... too much and it will indeed make your hair greasy and nasty. Made that mistake while traveling and thought a bit more would cure the flyaways from the really harsh climate. It didn't. It seems to help balance out my really super oily scalp... my hair doesn't get nearly as greasy during the day as it typically does if I use just mousse to style it. So I only bother with the barest minimum of condition on the ends now along with the oil. FWIW, my stylist talked me into trying the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi line... it smells lovely, but I don't get as good results with the oil as I get with the One n' Only oil, so I'll stick with that. Might have to give the Kiehl's a shot tho down the road.

i just bought this the other day, but i forgot about it when i washed my hair night before last. i am anxious to see how my hair handles it.

i am using oscar blandi's hair serum atm and it is NOT worth the $35 it costs. not at ALL.

Also I have found that the regular conditioner seems to detangle better than the hair mask/deep conditioner. The mask seems awesome and very thick (and leaves my shower feeling like the Exxon Valdez...) but my hair seems to look sleeker with the regular conditioner.