One more opinion question, what do we think of the watches?

1. I normally like to stick with a brand known mostly for watches, but I've always liked the small H watch. When I went to look at them the price was much lower than I expected......anyway, my husband is really planning on getting me a rolex and I really want the rolex and wouldn't want to give that up for the hermes to tell you the truth...but there is still a place in my heart for this cute little watch with the orange band....anyone have one? Maybe a couple more years down the road...I would like to have at least one leather banded watch....Just wanted to see if anyone cared to comment...thanks!

2. I don't currently own one but I am planning on buying myself one for my birthday this year. I too was surprised when I learned the price.

3. Lola, that's what I want, too! I love the H-Our watch with a potiron band!! YUM! Price is great, IMO.

4. I actually own a vintage Kelly watch. However, the one I have was gold hardware with gold dial and the strap is the gold calfskin strap. I found my combo to be a bit boring, which is why I'm looking to get more H watches (Kelly style). However, I got to figure out how to coordinate and match the dial with the strap first, hence my other post.

I personally like the Kelly watch, because it works as both jewelry and watch and you can change the colors of the strap whenever you want to create a different look. However, I'm generally not a watch person and that's why I'm not too concerned about getting a brandname watch as opposed to getting a watch from a company that is known for making watches. Nonetheless, several SAs have reassured me that Hermes watches are good watches.:yes:

5. Yeah, the H-our lady, I like the med. size too but it takes up the whole surface of my wrist the the points on the H stick out beyond that.... I still love it! I was trying for it for x-mas last year but don't know what happened with that, I've actually seen them on the orolus website for like $990...anyone know or trust them as a company, I believe they are reputable?? anyway, the rolex is def. first, then I'll work on the H-our, I almost forgot about it........

6. Thanks! I don't know if I doubt the quality....I just want my solid staple metal watch first, and then do the H with some color, more of a novelty item......I'm sure the quality is amazing....

7. I've never had problems with my Hermes watches. I have a few Kelly watches (red lizard/gold, sapphire lizard/gold, cognac ostrich/gold, black/palladium), yellow/palladium H-our/palladium, barenia Harnais/palladium and I love them all!

8. Ninja, your Hermes collection is TDF. Although this thread is about watches, I must complement your sweet mini Kelly trio!

9. Can you post pictures of your watches please? They sound totally TDF!:nuts:

10. There is a post about this in the jewelry section I believe - or some info. under the Rolex posts. I believe that Hermes watches aren't as sophisticated mechanically as a Rolex or certain lines of Cartier, hence the lower price point. They are quite lovely though. I'm looking to get a Medor watch myself.

11. Thank you so much, Greentea! I'm 4'10", so the minis are just right for me - even as a day bag! I always knew there would have to be some benefit to being so short - LOL!!

Thanks, Kou. Here is a link to the page that my watches are on.

12. Wow!! You have an amazing collections of Hermes items!!!:nuts: Btw, for some odd reasons pictures show up very tiny on my work computer. I seem to see a dark blue double-tour watch strap in one of your pics? What kind of leather is it? My SA kept telling me that exotic leather doesn't come in Kelly double-tour

13. No, it is not your computer. I just don't know how to post pix here yet! LOL!! When I tried to post from photobucket, the pix were too big. Here, they are too small. I'll get the hang of it some day. :smile:

The Kelly straps are sapphire lizard, rouge vif lizard and cognac ostrich with gold h/w and black epsom with palladium h/w. They are just single Kelly watch straps, not double tour. I do have a double tour bracelet, but it is raisin epsom with palladium h/w.

Thanks so much for the compliments!:tender:

14. I have two H watches: one in silver and the other gold. I love the fact that I can alternate bands - I have one lizard for the gold watch and a double kelly band in barenia and a black box single for the silver.

I also love alternating bands and charms :yes:

Lisa

hermes_9 (1)2.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice