One MONOGRAM Bag Tag!

k5ml3k

O.G.
Jul 26, 2012
It's actually not a tag but more so asking for advice as to which monogram bag you guys would recommend.

I've been downsizing my collection and wanted one bag of each print and leather from LV. There's only two that I'm missing (that I actually care to get), monogram and empreinte, but for now I'm focusing on the monogram. I was set on the Pochette Metis but after reading all of the issues and the imperfections of the bags I've looked at, I've decided to pass. It's unfortunate bc it's such a perfect design but I know that I would end up worrying about the possible repair issues more than enjoying it. I'm currently considering the new backpack but I wanted something classic. I'm not sure if the backpack is just a fad and wouldn't be long lasting.

So for those that have monogram bags, which would you guys recommend? Or if there are any new styles that have recently come out, which would you recommend or consider buying? I would also appreciate it if you guys could give me the pros and if any, cons, of the bag that you would pick.

Thank you so much!!! Hope everyone had a happy holiday!

It's actually not a tag but more so asking for advice as to which monogram bag you guys would recommend.

I've been downsizing my collection and wanted one bag of each print and leather from LV. There's only two that I'm missing (that I actually care to get), monogram and empreinte, but for now I'm focusing on the monogram. I was set on the Pochette Metis but after reading all of the issues and the imperfections of the bags I've looked at, I've decided to pass. It's unfortunate bc it's such a perfect design but I know that I would end up worrying about the possible repair issues more than enjoying it. I'm currently considering the new backpack but I wanted something classic. I'm not sure if the backpack is just a fad and wouldn't be long lasting.

So for those that have monogram bags, which would you guys recommend? Or if there are any new styles that have recently come out, which would you recommend or consider buying? I would also appreciate it if you guys could give me the pros and if any, cons, of the bag that you would pick.

Thank you so much!!! Hope everyone had a happy holiday!
I've always favoured hobos such as the Delightful, Artsy, or Sully myself, but because you mentioned your preference for classic then how about the Pochette, Mabillon, or Manilmontant? They're very similar in design concept to the PM, but I haven't read or heard about too many, if any, problems or known issues.

I've always favoured hobos such as the Delightful, Artsy, or Sully myself, but because you mentioned your preference for classic then how about the Pochette, Mabillon, or Manilmontant? They're very similar in design concept to the PM, but I haven't read or heard about too many, if any, problems or known issues.

Thank you for the reply! I guess maybe classic is not the right word...I just don't want something that's gonna look dated after awhile.

Sully MM (hobo, very comfortable on the shoulder, perfect size) and Speedy B25 (so adorable and 3 ways to carry it) are my favorite mono bags. I highly recommend them both! I can't see either of them looking dated in the near future.

Sully MM (hobo, very comfortable on the shoulder, perfect size) and Speedy B25 (so adorable and 3 ways to carry it) are my favorite mono bags. I highly recommend them both! I can't see either of them looking dated in the near future.

Speedy B 25 was the other one I was looking at instead of the PM. I've watched a few videos comparing the two. Only thing really stopping me is that I have a Speedy 35 in DE and I was hoping for more of a variety...

How about the Retiro nm. I have it in the noir color and what makes it so great is the leather is treated, you can use it as a shoulder bag or handheld, holds alot without being heavy, and has feet on the bottom. I can't find any cons on this bag.

I'm currently contemplating the Artsy in monogram for myself. The only concerns that i have are whether the bag sticks out too much while being worn over the shoulder and whether it will look dated in 15-20 years...

How about the Retiro nm. I have it in the noir color and what makes it so great is the leather is treated, you can use it as a shoulder bag or handheld, holds alot without being heavy, and has feet on the bottom. I can't find any cons on this bag.

I actually had this bag and sold it. Considered getting it again but just found it too big for my needs. It is beautiful though! I would def get it in the noir if it came in a smaller size.

I'm currently contemplating the Artsy in monogram for myself. The only concerns that i have are whether the bag sticks out too much while being worn over the shoulder and whether it will look dated in 15-20 years...

Thank you! I do find this bag absolutely beautiful esp that handle...but it would just be too big for my needs.

Retiro nm , nm Estrela ..you also don't have to worry about vachetta and I don't think they'll look dated. I have both the retiro nm and Estrela nm and love both bags......!