One item, 2 ebay listings....expiring 10 hours apart. Is that allowed?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am interested in a pair of shoes on ebay and I noticed that the seller had 2 auctions going on with virtually the same description. In one post, the shoe is decribed as a size 38 and in the other auction, it is listed as a 7.5 US (a 38 european size equals a 7.5 US). The pictures on the 2 auctions are of the exact same pair of shoes so I asked the seller what was going on. She said she created 2 different auction b/c she was afraid that if someone just searched 7.5 or just 38, they may not find the shoes that she had listed if she only listed 1 size so she decided to list both sizes....by doing 2 separate listings. is this allowed? Both have a BIN option and a bidding option.
    For some reason this just feels shady to me but I am not an ebay expert. what do you ladies think?

2. All she had to do was put 38 7.5 in the title and it would be searchable either way. Personally I don't like when sellers of European sized items 'Americanize' the size. I am a US 8.5 a 39 in Prada, it all depends in CL and a 40 in AW.
    Is she a newer seller? She is running a risk of selling both but IDK if there is a specific rule against it.

3. She does appear to be a new seller. We are now in a situation where I am the only bidder on the auction that closes first and there is another person bidding on the auction that closes second. I really want this item. If I win, can she decline to sell to me b/c the price didn't go up high enough due to the fact that I had no competition on my auction but if the moron would have had only 1 auction going, there would have been competing bids?

4. If you win and the seller cancels the transaction report the seller for nonperformance/ leave a neg feed back

5. So I won the auction and the second auction ha one bid on it. After that second auction ended, I checked it and it says it was closed with zero bids but I know for a fact that it had a bidder. I am in the United States and the seller is overseas. Now I am worried she is running a scam. Does this sound fishy to anyone? I already paid but paid with PayPal backed up on a well protected credit card but still, I worry.....

6. If something goes wrong like you don't get the item or its not the item that was listed you are protected. eBay is great towards buyer not so much for sellers