One in one out principle

Well here's a shocker - chocolate bays is staying!!

DH invited me to an impromptu viewing of Rothko at the Tate this evening, threw on my outfit - mabel didn't work, oak bays couldn't be used because of the weather, black bays disappeared into my outfit - thought I'd try the choc for the sake of it and it worked perfectly.

Didn't think I'd ever use it, tonight I was proven wrong.

Oh rats, that means I have nothing to swap out!

Maple, this is very interesting. There I was thinking choc Bays is out for me too, but now I'm having second thoughts... No, no, must keep to my original plan, choc Bays & Annie out, choc Phoebe in!!!!!

:roflmfao::roflmfao:

You know what this means though..

I don't have enough bags...what an excuse....

KLP your phoebe will be chocolate no? I think you'd use it more than bays. I briefly considered finding a different chocolate bag to replace bays this morning but can't think of a style that's evening enough...any ideas...

:roflmfao::P

It's a really good excuse though!

I know I'll use choc Phoebe more than Bays. I love the style of the Bays, but I find using it a bit cumbersome. Roxy tote doesn't make me feel that way. Weird.

Anyway, a chocolate evening bag... I think Bays is a great style for evening, very elegant and classy, but it is big. What about Ledbury?

Good call, have you managed to source a phoebe yet? Not that I'm enabling I promise!

I would love a ledbury in black goatskin - but can't see them doing that well not anytime soon at least - would want a different leather in it, got so much natural veg in the collection, want to diversify. If I got a ledbury I'd keep choc bays.

I'm doing exceptionally well at a4 tote being my final bag aren't I, geesh!!

Just saw they've upped the price on the ledbury, £350 for that little bag, they must be joking!

Last edited:
I've had a rethink about your choc evening bag. What would you want to carry in it? That will help determine the size. Any particular style you're after - elegant like Bays; fun & funky like small poppy?

What about the Zinia? I saw them at HoF on Boxing Day and they were lovely.

Thank you ladies, I think for the time being I'll stick with choc bays. I love mabel but I don't think it looks dressy enough for evening plus I am doing a new thing, only buying one bag in one style - I was really impressed with Linnea's collection - one of many styles, she would have a great time, mixing and matching on a daily basis, really like that idea.

I have my eye on the pearlised bayswater clutch, just curious about the price. Actually if I can solve the clutch dilemma and possibly one smaller shoulder bag, maybe a e/w bays or something different then I think I'm set - going off to look at the zinia, not so sure about the Kensington, it has a lot of hardware on it. Poppy I would only ever consider if it was done in sand in a small size, Flossie has it in the normal size and it is so gorgeous!!

I have got the zinia bag, and love it. I think you can use it with jeans, but also as a proper party bag. It is not big, but big enough for purse, phone, key, lipstick and powder, and it is less than half the price than the ledbury :yes:

zinia_1.jpg

zinia_2.jpg