One in one out principle

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    Hi ladies

I've been reading with interest how some of you have a one in one out principle and after asking for advice on chocolate bays (the bays I never use) I am beginning to wonder if I should let her go? As suggested by SHM, I could use her as a rain bag but I have a black bays that I could use this for.

Based on how well I am loving pebble mabel - lightweight, easy to use, I now opt to use her over my heavier bags, and with Roxy's arrival will also use this a lot too so here are some of my options, could I get your thoughts on these as I am not sure what to do?

A FEW COMBINATIONS:

Choc bays - sell and replace with??? I could say chocolate mabel but why don't I seem to have a need for chocolate in my wardrobe oddly even though I wear loads of chocolate and beige colours.
    Black bays - keep
    oak bays - keep

Choc bays - keep and use it as a rain bag
    Oak bays - keep
    Black bays - sell and replace it with black mabel.

Or am I silly contemplating removing a bays from my collection?

Never done this one in one out trick before - just trying to maximise use of each bag.

TIA

2. If Mabel is your preferred style then why not replace a bays that you aren't using with a mabel that you will?
    If choco isn't your thing then...replace choco Bays with Black mabel! Ta daaaaaaaaa then you have two bags in a colour you will use!

3. #3 Jan 14, 2009
    OK, just stop and think for a moment. choc bays out yes, but I would wait until new stock arrives, and then see if you find anything you like. Otherwise I would find a black mabel then. Because you already have a mabel you might like to have another style of bag? Just to have different options. I might suggest black e-w also, if you like bays.

yes, forgot so I edited in this line.
    Don't hurry take your time with the deciding.

4. Hi Pheeps thanks for that - I was worried that if I replaced choc with black mabel then black bays would never get worn.

Also I am wondering but the ageing factor of the mabel, Bays is a classic and as I age it will become more agreeable with an age appropriate wardrobe, not sure the mabel will do that - not sure if I should be preparing for the here and now or planning it for the future.

Will I ever use the chocolate bays?

Is there a style I have overlooked which isn't a mabel, a4 roxy or bays? Maggie isn't for me or the normal roxy, somerset is not my thing, already got a messenger, agyness isn't my style, and then there's poppy but sand would be the only colour I'd consider.

5. I don't think you're silly for letting a bays go because you do have 3 Bays. If you don't think you need Chocolate in your wardrobe, why not let her go and replace her with a BLACK MABEL. Keep Black Bays to use as a wet weather bag.

You don't have to replace Chocolate with Chocolate, and its silly to just keep a bag to use in the rain if you're not going to use it any other time. You may as well just buy a cheaper, non designer, bag to use in the rain or something like Orla Kiely or LV that is rain proof.

6. Whoops sorry Pheebs, I didn't see that you have already suggested the Chocolate Bays/Black Mabel switch.

7. Hi Salikons, think we are on the same wave here, I would like to diversify if I could to a different style so waiting for new season stock is good advice.

e-w bays is a good suggestion, might try one of those out - it could also be used as an evening bag no?

Thanks!

8. New season bag or black e/w Bays........I am the temptater sent from the bays style gost.....

Think e/w goes as a bigger eveningbag. Personally I like really tiny eveningbags, but if you like them a little bigger I geuss it could work.

9. Maple if you really don't like Choc Bays and you have the black bays to use as a rain bag (which you like better) i would suggest

Oak bays - keep
    Black bays - keep use as rain bag
    Choc bays - sell and wait a while to replace it with a bag that your sure to want in the future! :graucho:

10. True Ali re: rain bag. I've got an LV bag that I could use in the rain.

I'm quite stumped on this - I'm trying to be as honest with myself as possible but at the same time don't want to make a mistake with my decision.

Thanks

11. Don't forget all the new season bags will be out soon, there might be a little gem there for you or the A4 might work out so great that you might pick this up in another colour!

12. #12 Jan 14, 2009
    THanks SHM, I agree choc bays is the one to go :tup:

Now I've really got to put my thinking cap on - DH is not going to be thrilled that I am considering this, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he vetos the idea.

13. I hope so, wish they'd launch them on their site so we can take a closer look at them!

14. I'm sure that if you put it to your DH that it would be better to sell the bays and replace it eventually with a bag that you actually use, instead of keeping the bag in it's dust bag forever - he would come round to the idea.
    That way your future new bag is being funded by the old bag!
    You would also get a really good price for the bays as you have proof of authenticity and it's never been used. The price increase should work in your favout too!

15. I know the suspense is torture :sweatdrop: i keep checking Mulberry.com daily to see if the new collection is there yet

I really want to see the Mitzy hobo and messenger IRL to see if i really do like it!