One first Date- no call for two days- what gives?

I know! It was a hard pill to swallow...realizing that not everyone would find you attractive, but then again, those two or three girls (in my case) must have some form of mental illness, so that helped me sleep at night. Besides, what are the odds that I'd meet one of those girls anyway??

;)

Not every man will find you attractive. When you can accept that, it makes things a lot easier.

:roflmfao: You done it now Charles. I will use that on my next bad date. LOL

Anywhoooo, to the OP, have you tried to call him? Why does the man always have to be the one to call? As far as signing online, I have to purposely put on the "away" message because of people that I am dating/dated showing up on my buddy list. People still try to IM me and it's annoying. I "show" myself when I feel like being bothered by them. But that's just me.

I jsut noticed this thread. Sorry it didn't work out like you'd hoped.

I'm very glad you emailed him again and now it does seem clear. I was going to suggest waiting a few more days (like you did) and then emailing him w/a more clear message as to what's going on in his mind. And...you did.

I'm the WORST at games. Meaning...I can't play them. I was a baaaad dater. I'm very blunt and probably take away too much of the mystery part of dating. It just all felt so contrite to me. I think you did the right thing!

Good luck!!!

Honestly, i would just let it go if i were you. I can't say i've exactly been on the same boat as you. Recently, i went on a "date" with a guy. Everything went fine that night, although i ended it abruptly as i didn't want to move things so quickly. i had a fair amount of interest in him, although i definitely do not want to spend the night over at his house. To my surprise, he called immediately the next morning! After ditching out on him so rudely the past night, i hardly expected to speak to him ever again! I had no plans whatsoever to contact him after that date. He made the initial move to call me first thing in the morning when he woke up. That really took me by surprise.

I know! It was a hard pill to swallow...realizing that not everyone would find you attractive, but then again, those two or three girls (in my case) must have some form of mental illness, so that helped me sleep at night. Besides, what are the odds that I'd meet one of those girls anyway??

;)

could we leave it at "i am still attractive to all men, some are just to dumb to realize that" attitude ?:roflmfao:

W-R at least u know now and dont have to walk around wondering... NEXT in line please! and good luck girl! :wlae:

Unless you know this guy is exceedingly shy, I would remain quiet in order to keep my dignity. It does'nt sound he's interested.

Honestly if he wanted another date, there would be nothing stopping him from asking for another. Men are simple-and they are not a stupid as we like to think they are!

I agree with the Miranda sentiment "he's just not that into you". There is a lot of wisdom in that line of thinking. You deserve better. You deserve someone who calls you the next day and says they can't wait to see you again. It will happen.. I promise! Did for me!

Years ago I went on a date with a man that I thought was fabulous. He said he would call. I waited.. and waited.. he hasn't called yet.. its been .. oh 13 years lol... I would have been so much better off if someone gave me the 'ol Miranda comment! Needless to say I found someone who did call me. If they *really* like you - there are no "rules"!

Like others have said - not everyone is going to fall in love with you.. or even like you for that matter (I have just learned this the very very hard way in a situation I am dealing with). Its not your fault.. has nothing to do with you actually!

On Thursday I caved in and sent another email, it was a very sunny day and I asked him if he wanted to take a walk or so. He declined and finished his email with: talk to you soon...

Yeah, right... I took the hint and wrote him off.

Well at least now you know and can move on. I would write it off as it just wasn't meant to be. After all, you only had one date. It's good you didn't invest more time into the situation.

Not to thread hijack, but over the weekend I went out with a guy on a second date and it turns out I didn't like him at all. The first date was pretty good, but then on the second date I just realized I was not into him, just NO chemistry or sparks. Although, I think he saw things differently. He started to get all touchy feely and planning our future already talking about introducing me to his mother next week, going to Vegas next month, etc etc. It freaked me out about how fast he wanted things to move. I must be quite the charmer. LOL He called me this morning and I told him it would be best if we were just friends.