One Birkin to Rule Them All

Mayacamas

O.G.
Nov 8, 2008
In wonder.
Dear TPF'ers,

(Forgive the LOR expression)
Like a lot of people during this past year with CoVID I have been paring down my life and cleaning out my handbags/shoes. Last week I posted about my vintage Black box Birkin, but I have been thinking...

If you had only one Birkin, that you used everyday, what type of leather/exotic skin would it be and what color?

Thank you,
Maya

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
I do have only one Birkin. I don’t intend to add any others. Mine is vintage and is buffalo. It’s black and perfect for me. I didn’t plan on it, but a lovely tpf’er offered it, and I pounced. I don’t use it daily, as I’m primarily a clutch girl, although lately I’ve been wearing shoulder bags. But I do love every inch of my B. It’s about 20 years old, and hopefully it will serve someone else when I’m no longer using it. I’m a fan of vintage bags....I can identify with them, as I’m vintage (71) myself.

Perfect with hiking boots....
030D72F9-0ABD-43FE-8F40-0CBEB40F7CDD.jpeg

odette57

O.G.
Jan 3, 2010
California
If I were to answer based on what I currently have, it being a one bag fit all - it will be my B30 BE Clemence PHW. I find that this one is both a neutral and pop of color at the same time, easy to use being it in clemence (although a little heavier) and with PHW, fits almost all my day to day activities.

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
Barenia for me. There is something magical about it. Actually some things not just one thing. The hand or smoothness of the leather and its durability and ability to develop character jump first to the frontal lobe.

meowlett

Pup Worshipper
Dec 16, 2017
Black Porosus B35. I assume that it has to be a bag within my collection. It was really tough choosing just one. At the end of the day, this was the bag that went to work a lot and got soaked in tea a little once. She also flew naked as my carry-on a few times and her handles got sticky from my dear niece's sticky hands. ;). It has visited the H spa since and still looks absolutely glorious.

I am 5'8" and can manage the size. A B35 can carry all of my puppies' items. My oldest one is 15 later this month. She needs her diapers, a harness, treats and her eye drops.

1gunro

O.G.
Oct 15, 2008
Sarasota
For me, it is a BF 30 fauve PHW. It’s also the only one I own. I am not really a handheld bag girl, but I just couldn’t say no when my SA opened the dust bag!

I have a garden party 36 that I use when I need to tote more, and I can put the handles over my shoulder!