One Bag selling for third time?

Cocolo

~NiceGirl My Butt!~
O.G.
Sep 24, 2010
There is a RM Grape Nikki on EBay, right now it has one bid and stands at $99 I looked at the sellers feedback, and the same exact bag has sold twice before (within 2 months) with great feedback using the same picture and same ad. Anyone have a clue what this could be about? I was going to bid, but how can she sell the same bag 3 times, and have great feedback for the other two sales?

I was going to contact the seller and ask, but I don't know how to phrase it without seeming accusatory. I don't know whether to bid or not.

She could be sending out (really convincing) fakes, and posting photos of the same real bag over, and over again. Most people when they get the bag, will not realize that they've just received a fake bag, and will leave positive feedback. The time between the sales is probably to protect herself from people recanting, or whatever it is you're allowed to do within only 30 days or so.

Don't buy it unless she can verify somehow that the bag in the photos is the one you're going to buy. I don't know how, maybe ask her to take a photo of the bag next to today's newspaper? lol

I don't think there are 100% RM knockoffs. Some inspired, yes, but not knockoffs. OP, only thing you can do is to ask the seller. Who knows? a buyer might have not followed thru or might have returned. I had these buyers leave me positive feedback anyway in the past.

So far RM knock offs are extremely easy to spot and pretty rare.

I would just straight out ask the seller. It's a valid question/ concern. You can PM me the link and I will look to see if it's a regular re-seller. A lot of online boutiques also sell on ebay and most of those sellers have multiples. I'll take a look if you want.

Thanks for your help everyone. The auction still has 3 days, so I have time to bid if I decide it's legit. Nice to have people helping, I'm so new at Ebay. My DH has been using it for 10 years, but I'm new to the party.

I took the plunge and wrote to her, she wrote back that she purchased 2, one for a gift, and sold one with no problems, but the second sale had to be canceled. She seems on the level, so I will wait till the auction draws to an end and give it a shot. Thanks everyone.

I took the plunge and wrote to her, she wrote back that she purchased 2, one for a gift, and sold one with no problems, but the second sale had to be canceled. She seems on the level, so I will wait till the auction draws to an end and give it a shot. Thanks everyone.

Nonetheless, the photos should be of the actual bag you will receive, even if the bags are identical. It sounds like you are saying she used the exact same photos for both listings. If she's selling the one she kept for herself, if there is any usage, you need the photos of the actual bag.