One and only wallet - help please!

Aw man, you guys are really amazing!! Thank you so much for all the responses. It seems that the DE will beat the test of time. I was hoping to add a little pop of color with this epi wallet but I really don't want to baby it and I would hate for it to look old or used after a year or two. I still have a few days before I have to return it so I might just think it over in the next day or two.

Here's a kicker, if they were the same price, would that matter? It doesn't seem like it but I'm just wondering...

Thank you so much again! You guys are amazing!

Aw man, you guys are really amazing!! Thank you so much for all the responses. It seems that the DE will beat the test of time. I was hoping to add a little pop of color with this epi wallet but I really don't want to baby it and I would hate for it to look old or used after a year or two. I still have a few days before I have to return it so I might just think it over in the next day or two.

Here's a kicker, if they were the same price, would that matter? It doesn't seem like it but I'm just wondering...

No, it would not matter to me. What matters to me is that my hard earned purchases look fantastic year after year. As they say - you get what you pay for and how well you take care of it too. ;)

Oh, so you already have the Epi? If it makes your 💖 sing here's a way you can easily protect it in your handbag.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414449790.033812.jpg
A pop of color is always nice.

I'm honored that y'all would like my opinion on the ZCW. I do have it in Mono and Noir Epi. The Mono is one of the best wallets IMHO. Believe it or not, but the ZCW holds every single thing that my larger Zippy Wallets hold. I couldn't believe it! :faint:

It fits in all of handbags, large and small and I feel that the Mono will last me a lifetime. The DE should do the same. Excellent choice for a "forever" wallet.

I got the Epi in Noir. I, like others, wanted the Silver Hardware, and yes I can be a bit matchy matchy. :P

I did specifically get black for a reason. Have you ever looked around eBay at the older Epi Wallets in bright colors? Take a look. Sure, they're old, but IMHO they don't look good. Not sure why. Maybe they don't take care of their things like we do... but there is just so darn many of them looking bad.

I do believe that Epi is durable, but I think you have to go the extra mile to keep it looking in excellent condition when it's a wallet that's going to bang up against things inside your handbag.

You could house it in a small Purse To Go Organizer inside your handbag and I think that would solve the problem. I would do that with a bright/light Epi color, but I'm a bit OCD with my LV.

HTH!

Thank you, Tulip2!

You are so right. I've noticed some of those older epi wallets on ebay look pretty beat up and faded. Of course, no one can know how they were handled, probaby not carefully though and probably not by owners who are as OCD as (*clears throat*) some of us. :biggrin: Noir in epi though is a great choice and will be the way I go if I decide the carmine isn't for me.

Oh, so you already have the Epi? If it makes your 💖 sing here's a way you can easily protect it in your handbag.
View attachment 2791193
A pop of color is always nice.

Yes, I do. I got it pre-loved but started debating after watching videos and reading about the epi fuchsia. The inside really does make me smile (I really like the pink interior, even though I'm not much of a pink person) but the thought of it getting damaged or transferring colors makes me want to just return it.

Maybe I'll look into that pouch and see if I like it. I just hate having to baby things...argh! Decisions, decisions...it's difficult because it's not a cheap purchase for such a small item (hence why I only want one wallet).

I'll continue to look forward to people's response here and see what it said then make a final decision.

Ps. I love how neat you are with your items! I wish I could be the same lol

I think I might've solved my dilemma...keep the epi fuchsia ZCW and the DE French wallet :smile: thoughts? What do you guys think about the French wallet?

So much for just having one wallet but I thought that there's a difference between the two so maybe it's ok?

I have an old mono french wallet - it stands the test of time for sure. I use it off & on. What keeps me from using it always is 1) it's very similar size to my small mono agenda & I confuse them when quickly grabbing & 2) it's left handed. I'm not sure if they even do left handed anymore? I'm not left handed so I'm always opening it wrong. The brass is a little tarnished but otherwise held up very well.

Anyway - if not for those things I would use it every day... So I think a DE french wallet should hold up very well!

I have an old mono french wallet - it stands the test of time for sure. I use it off & on. What keeps me from using it always is 1) it's very similar size to my small mono agenda & I confuse them when quickly grabbing & 2) it's left handed. I'm not sure if they even do left handed anymore? I'm not left handed so I'm always opening it wrong. The brass is a little tarnished but otherwise held up very well.

Anyway - if not for those things I would use it every day... So I think a DE french wallet should hold up very well!

Aw thanks so much for the input! I have the MC agenda so I think I should be ok in regards to confusing them with one another. I know a lot are a big fan of the ZCW ...how do you like the versatility and set up of the French wallet?

Aw thanks so much for the input! I have the MC agenda so I think I should be ok in regards to confusing them with one another. I know a lot are a big fan of the ZCW ...how do you like the versatility and set up of the French wallet?

I actually like it a lot, very functional. It's very easy to use - very easy to get in & out of my bag. If I could magically make mine for a righty in a diff color/pattern I'd use it every day!

I actually like it a lot, very functional. It's very easy to use - very easy to get in & out of my bag. If I could magically make mine for a righty in a diff color/pattern I'd use it every day!

Aw that's great to hear! My buckle is on the right...I didn't know that they had the buckle on the left side on some of them...

Thanks for the response! I actually really like the look of it...how do you like the main pocket for cash? I've watched some videos and they said its hard to get in and out of. Do you find that to be true? TIA!

Thanks for the response! I actually really like the look of it...how do you like the main pocket for cash? I've watched some videos and they said its hard to get in and out of. Do you find that to be true? TIA!

Well, truth be told I'm pretty sloppy with my cash. A lot of times I'd just open the wallet and stick it in there folded ( no pocket just loose ) and close the wallet... It's never fallen out & is in my bag anyway. I usually fold my $ in half and stick it in like that either loose or in the cash pocket or pocket behind the cards. It's never been an issue. In a rush it's easy to just throw the cash in it loose & close it.

I think the DE will work best for you if you just want one wallet and you don't want to baby it. DE is pretty and will match pretty much any bag you use. DE is my vote.

I have had my Epi Fushia ZCW since last Christmas and it still looks brand new. I don't even know what issues people had with theirs but mine is perfect in every way. I don't use it everyday but I use it often and I love it. I'm considering buying another in black.

That was a good choice. The fuschia in the epi leather zcp. Not too big not too small either. It's just the right size.