One and only wallet - help please!

k5ml3k

O.G.
Jul 26, 2012
I'm not really a wallet person but having multiple cles all the time isn't always doable esp when I just want something to grab and go. I figured, I could get a wallet...only one and one that is small enough to fit in most, it not all, of my bags. I've decided on the zippy compact wallet. I was able to find the epi fuchsia pre-loved but been hearing things about how it may not be the best choice. I was actually debating between the epi fuchsia and DE so when I was able to get the epi fuchsia pre-loved, I was ecstatic....well, until I heard that there might be some issues.

So my question to you guys is which would you chose?

And for those that that one or the other or both, how is it holding up? If you could do it again, would you pick something different?

I plan for this to be my only wallet so I want to make sure I make the right choice in terms of durability, color transfers, aesthetics, etc.

Thanks so much!!

i love my DE so much, i sold all my other ones and i went through a lot of wallets (Zippy, Insolite, emilie, secret long, sarah, ZCP...etc..). the ZCW to me is the perfect wallet. not too big/bulky, not too small...perfect size. it fits into my smaller bags so i don't have to constantly switching. i think the fuchsia is very pretty. why are you having doubts and what are the issues u heard about epi?

i love my DE so much, i sold all my other ones and i went through a lot of wallets (Zippy, Insolite, emilie, secret long, sarah, ZCP...etc..). the ZCW to me is the perfect wallet. not too big/bulky, not too small...perfect size. it fits into my smaller bags so i don't have to constantly switching. i think the fuchsia is very pretty. why are you having doubts and what are the issues u heard about epi?

I just got my beauty today~Insolite wallet violette. Or you could consider LV's LE "Xmas Animation" zippy wallet which will be releasing soon~

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    429.4 KB · Views: 678
I have the DE and love it! I am looking to add an epi to my collection....

Which epi color were you considering?

I def agree with the ZCW being the perfect wallet, for me at least. My dilemma is more so the leather. I heard that there's some color transfers with the fuchsia and that it's not as durable? I've heard the epi is one of the most durable leathers but maybe it just shows more wear with the fuchsia? Also, another TPF member had mentioned that when she was looking at the epi fuchsia wallet, the manager had mentioned about showing her a different color...as if there was something wrong with the fuchsia. I think it's a gorgeous color as well but I really don't want to kee it if it's gonna have these issues...

I just got my beauty today~Insolite wallet violette. Or you could consider LV's LE "Xmas Animation" zippy wallet which will be releasing soon~

Gorgeous wallet! That interior is beautiful! But I have my heart set on the ZCW...just need to decide between the epi fuchsia or DE. Thank you though!

I'm considering a piment or carmine if I can find it.
I love the DE....may even get a mono....I will definitely add another. Probably epi first since it seems it will be discontinued. I do love this wallet. The size, the organization, the secure zip.... What's not to love?

I'm considering a piment or carmine if I can find it.
I love the DE....may even get a mono....I will definitely add another. Probably epi first since it seems it will be discontinued. I do love this wallet. The size, the organization, the secure zip.... What's not to love?

I completely agree! I really do adore this wallet...would you suggest the DE or just keep the epi?

Which epi color were you considering?

I def agree with the ZCW being the perfect wallet, for me at least. My dilemma is more so the leather. I heard that there's some color transfers with the fuchsia and that it's not as durable? I've heard the epi is one of the most durable leathers but maybe it just shows more wear with the fuchsia? Also, another TPF member had mentioned that when she was looking at the epi fuchsia wallet, the manager had mentioned about showing her a different color...as if there was something wrong with the fuchsia. I think it's a gorgeous color as well but I really don't want to kee it if it's gonna have these issues...

Gorgeous wallet! That interior is beautiful! But I have my heart set on the ZCW...just need to decide between the epi fuchsia or DE. Thank you though!

OIC. epi is very durable and i didnt notice the wear being more or less than canvas but i do notice the stiffness of the leather. i don't know how it is on the ZCW but i had a french purse once in epi and the flexibility isn't like canvas(i sold it for that reason alone). if you feel like you have to baby your fuchsia, then i say sell and repurchase it in DE. GL!

I have had my Epi Fushia ZCW since last Christmas and it still looks brand new. I don't even know what issues people had with theirs but mine is perfect in every way. I don't use it everyday but I use it often and I love it. I'm considering buying another in black.

I have this wallet in DE and I love it so much that I'm also looking to add one in epi so that I'll have one with gold hardware and one with silver. (Yes, my accessories must coordinate with my bag. And, yes, it's a sickness. :biggrin:)

The DE is great as it's so durable but I don't see why the epi wouldn't be almost as durable. However, if you tend to toss your wallet around a bit or if it is exposed to weather like wind and rain a lot, then the DE might be better since you wouldn't likely worry quite as much about it.

I have this wallet in DE and I love it so much that I'm also looking to add one in epi so that I'll have one with gold hardware and one with silver. (Yes, my accessories must coordinate with my bag. And, yes, it's a sickness. :biggrin:)

The DE is great as it's so durable but I don't see why the epi wouldn't be almost as durable. However, if you tend to toss your wallet around a bit or if it is exposed to weather like wind and rain a lot, then the DE might be better since you wouldn't likely worry quite as much about it.

Ha! Youngster, I love your "it's a sickness" line! Too true....

I am waiting for Tulip2 to come weigh in on this! She owns it in mono and black epi I believe, and is a fellow zcw fan. She can weigh in with a comparison too.

It is funny that so many of us who own it in DE or Mono, also want to get a second one in epi! :smile:

Ha! Youngster, I love your "it's a sickness" line! Too true....

I am waiting for Tulip2 to come weigh in on this! She owns it in mono and black epi I believe, and is a fellow zcw fan. She can weigh in with a comparison too.

It is funny that so many of us who own it in DE or Mono, also want to get a second one in epi! :smile:

It's just so darn perfect! I'd also love to hear Tulip2's opinion having owned both about wear and tear.

I am picking up the one I ordered in epi carmine either tomorrow or the day after. There were apparently 6 or 7 left in carmine in the U.S. when mine was ordered. I hope I love the color. If not, I might get black. Decisions, decisions.

It's just so darn perfect! I'd also love to hear Tulip2's opinion having owned both about wear and tear.

I am picking up the one I ordered in epi carmine either tomorrow or the day after. There were apparently 6 or 7 left in carmine in the U.S. when mine was ordered. I hope I love the color. If not, I might get black. Decisions, decisions.

Ooooh, I would love to see some shots of carmine. I am in Asia at the moment, so I will try here.
I was thinking about the black, but I just got a noir zippy in empreinte (my only accordion wallet--for the sake of variety), so I want a little color. Piment and carmine are the colors I am contemplating.

Where, oh where is Tulip2 for a little comparative advice? Lol! :biggrin:

I'm honored that y'all would like my opinion on the ZCW. I do have it in Mono and Noir Epi. The Mono is one of the best wallets IMHO. Believe it or not, but the ZCW holds every single thing that my larger Zippy Wallets hold. I couldn't believe it! :faint:

It fits in all of handbags, large and small and I feel that the Mono will last me a lifetime. The DE should do the same. Excellent choice for a "forever" wallet.

I got the Epi in Noir. I, like others, wanted the Silver Hardware, and yes I can be a bit matchy matchy. :P

I did specifically get black for a reason. Have you ever looked around eBay at the older Epi Wallets in bright colors? Take a look. Sure, they're old, but IMHO they don't look good. Not sure why. Maybe they don't take care of their things like we do... but there is just so darn many of them looking bad.

I do believe that Epi is durable, but I think you have to go the extra mile to keep it looking in excellent condition when it's a wallet that's going to bang up against things inside your handbag.

You could house it in a small Purse To Go Organizer inside your handbag and I think that would solve the problem. I would do that with a bright/light Epi color, but I'm a bit OCD with my LV.

HTH!