Once You Pick, How Do You Find Them?

3DogMom

New and In Trouble
Feb 24, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the high end shoe world. Been a shoe addict forever but never really ventured into the pricier brands for fear of becoming an addict. However I've just seen way too many beautiful shoes to NOT participate in a pair of REAL Louboutin's,especially since I have a milestone birthday coming up next year and I know that I want a very special pair.

Now I say real as I did buy (at some point last year) a pair of black shoes off of auction that were touted as Louboutin's. Honestly I have no idea if they are or not. I've been digging through my records to find the sellers name to search on here for them to see if I can find them in the good or bad column. They had been worn and arrived in decent condition in dust bags but no box (so I have no idea what shoe they are supposed to be), and I'll post photos once I figure out how that works. ;)

Anyhow, I've been lurking and have seen some pairs that I would LOVE to own. Getting familiar with the style names etc, but whenever I search for those styles I end up with search results for "stores" that don't carry the real thing. I know some of the styles I've fallen for don't seem to be current, but this seems to happen with current styles as well.

So once you zero in on a pair (or 4 or 10 lol) that you are in love with, how do you track them down?

For instance I saw a pair of Lady Pages (I'm soooooo in love with this style), when I search for them I get a few good stores that come up and I gather that this style is at the end of it's life cycle by what comes up on the searches, but then I hear that people may have found a pair here and there. How do I hunt them down? I'd give away my house right now for a pair of the lace ones, and my car for a pair of the flannel - but are they just simply sold out and the only way to find them is to stalk auctions?

I've always considered myself a pretty savvy shopper, but I feel like I just don't know where to start with Louboutin's. Any advice?

Thanks so much!

First off, Welcome to tPF =)

I'm not much help with the searching for them part of your question, because I don't live near any place that carries Louboutins. I do suggest Bonanzle, eBay, and the wonderful list put together here:
http://forum.purseblog.com/loubouti...ing-louboutin-353107.html?highlight=reputable

As for the shoes you already own, I would take pictures of them and post them in the authentication thread.
http://forum.purseblog.com/loubouti...ese-louboutin-shoes-read-1st-post-553930.html

hello!!!!
sd10.gif

i'll tell you my experience when i first started off with Louboutins....
1. i used ebay for older season styles.
2. i used this forum exhaustively to look at styles, get the names down, materials, colors, etc.... we have a wonderful reference library with pictures of the shoes, materials, seasons, sizing, stores purchased from
http://forum.purseblog.com/louboutin-reference-library/
3. browsed department stores online and brick&mortar (saks, barneys, BG here in NY)
4. once i got more savvy, i went to the boutiques (Horatio and Madison here in NY) and browsed more shoes there
5. as time progressed, i developed relationships with SAs from dept stores and boutiques, and eventually got added on to their email list of new stock/sales updates
6. when you find a shoe you love either online or anywhere else, email or call the boutiques/dept. stores to try to locate them

of course, i find that this forum has been the most helpful of all. almost all the information to be found is consolidated here.... other people have done the research for you, you just need to browse!

now, as for the lady page.... please make sure to try this style on in person first because it is NOT for everyone. as naked calls them, they are the DEVIL shoes. something about the pitch and curve of the heel makes it unbearable for a lot of even experienced high heel wearers (including me).... they are stunning to look at, but just make sure you can walk in them, unless you don't care for comfort and want to buy them just to look at and admire them.

the lace LPs were from Fall 2009 and were at:
BG
shoe in at wynn las vegas (went on sale)
paris boutiques (not sure which one exactly...)

since they were last season, stock is very low if they're still around...

flannel LPs were at NM.

also check ebay as several of them have popped up on there. and do be sure of your size before buying. check the sizing thread on here, as CL sizing is notorious for being all over the map!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thank you Ladies!!

PyAri, Thank you for the welcome! I plan to post the shoes I bought as soon as I figure out how to post photos on here. Haven't mastered that art yet lol.

Carlinha, thank you for the info! I was wondering about the SA thing. I think I need to get myself through the tunnel and into the NYC shops. I may faint though at the site of all the beautiful shoes! Great advice on the Lady Page's, they are soooo beautiful, but good to know they may be foot killers. I have to say I've looked at your collection thread and it's magnificent!

I'm getting out my note pad and will study in the library! :reading:

I agree with everything that Carlinha has said.

As far as the LPs (Lady Page), you should try them on. I personally can wear mine all day. At first I had to stretch them, but once stretched easy breezy! BTW, I have black patent LPs and ordered them from Saks online and I absolutely love them. Such a feminine shoe!!!

Barney's.com and footcandy.com have them available. Footcandy has them for a $100 less than Barneys, not sure why!

Good luck and welcome to the dark side! lol

Once/if you try the LPs on and you find the proper sizing then you can search eBay for onces that may be less in price than Barney's and Footcandy. But, remember have them authenticated before you decide to purchase LPs from eBay.

THE BEST WAY TO LEARN IS STUDY, STUDY, STUDY like you are about to take finals for a Statistics course (lol)!

Thank you Ladies!!

PyAri, Thank you for the welcome! I plan to post the shoes I bought as soon as I figure out how to post photos on here. Haven't mastered that art yet lol.

Do you already have the pictures on your hard drive/pc? If so when you post in the authentication thread at the bottom of your post (in advance) you will see a section that says Attach Files "Manage Attachments" Click on Manage Attachments and you can add each one of your pictures.

I can't add any more than what the girls here have stated.

I do agree that you have to try these on first. I purchased my pair walked around in them in my home for about a week then I just couldn't bare them so I returned them for something else.

Also like others have stated, you want to go through the entire reference library and guides and also use the AUTHENTICATE these Louboutin Shoes whenever buying from an auction site, unknown online sellers or Craigs List. That way you know right away if an item is Authentic or not.

Great to have you here and WELCOME TO THE EVIL WORLD OF RED SOLES! :devil:

Any questions please feel free to PM any of us for help. :flowers:

-Baggs :heart:

Thank you all so much!

I'm going to like it here! My bank account will not. But oh well, you only go around once!

Jimmyshoogirl and Baggaholic, thanks for the futher advice on the Lady Page, looks like I've picked a dangerous pair to fall head over heels for.

PyAri, thank you for the photo lession. I don't have the pics on this computer (on home PC), but now that I know what to do, I'll have to get them over to be authenticated.

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes ladies!

All this research is very bad, I just keep finding things I love!

I may now be OBSESSED with Oxblood glitter VP's.

Need to work out the sizing thing and then I'm ready to go on a serious hunt.

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes ladies!

All this research is very bad, I just keep finding things I love!

I may now be OBSESSED with Oxblood glitter VP's.

Need to work out the sizing thing and then I'm ready to go on a serious hunt.
:lolots::lolots::lolots:

GOOD LUCK!!!!! once you've figured out your size, you can post your question in this thread to get help in locating the shoes
http://forum.purseblog.com/loubouti...-help-me-find-this-style-size-313534-333.html