Once you buy and carry Chanel, can you buy/carry any other label?

carollynda

Dec 16, 2012
Here is something I've been wondering. Once you have purchased and carried a Chanel purse, is it impossible to go back to any other label?
And if yes, which other ones do you still like to use or buy?

i've only had chanel bags and i don't have any other designer bags in my wardrobe :smile: but that's just me, i looked around for other brand but i ended up coming to buy chanel everytime, as it's my most favourite and i find the appearance of the bag most appealing and classy compare to other designers. i looked at hermes and thinking of saving for one but it is a bit too expensive for me though.

I used to have other designer bags. After I stick on Chanel purse 5 yrs ago. I sold all my other designer bags and now I have 9 pcs of Chanel bags. And cannot stop buying.... don't know how to stop buying Chanel bag.

I wouldn't go for other designer bag anymore.

All my chanel bags (11 of them) are for fun time and sort of recreational things... my favorite work bag is Tods D bag. Then I also have many longchamps, coach and LV used for work. I often carry DIor to formal places...and Prada, Ferragamo, BV etc for semi-leisure, semi-formal scenarios.

Yes, I do buy other brands. If designer, only chanel. It's hard sometimes to buy others, but I want to treasure my Chanel's, and I think if I had too many, they would become commodities rather than gems.

I used to have a bag or two from every high end label around but sold it all off when I started buying chanel, now I only stick to using/buying chanel or hermes

But for 2 bags

1 bottega maxi which I love for being so causal

1 ysl chyc which was my first designer bag so its a bit sentimental for me -

these are the only times I cheat on chanel/hermes

Yeap, lots of them. LV canvas for every day, Dior for weddings, then there are celine, gucci, hermes, and the new addiction fendi. To me, chanel is elegant and quite glamorous. Hermes, Fendi and Celine are great when you one to look low keys.

Yes, I have Longchamp for bad weather, or sporting events where I won't be able to take good care of an expensive bag. I also carry an LV epi bag I love, and several Hermes. I use the WOC for date nights and travel, the Medallions and flap for more "dressy" days.

Chanel is my obsession. I started with Coach when I was younger, graduated to a Burberry and then my husband bought me my first Chanel for my birthday and I was hooked lol
I own a few Dior's, Fendi, Gucci but nothing compares to Chanel. I love the quality and beautiful collections. They're stunning.
Not really into Vuitton either. Something about brown and gold together doesn't sit right with me. Lol
I wouldn't turn down a good deal but I couldn't see myself spending $5,000 on one when I could get a Chanel. :smile:

Thank you ladies for all the wonderful responses! It's nice to see what bags from other designers are useful despite having Chanel's in your closet.
To take the question one step further, would any of you consider contemporary designers like Alexander Wang or Tory Burch, or would you only prefer another premier designer if you were to stray from Chanel?

I don't feel this way at all.. For me personally, I'd hate to have a collection of bags from one brand.. But that's just me, there's nothing wrong with having a specific brand that you like. I like to mix it up with other high-end brands to suit all my outfits. I absolutely love Celine, Dior, Balenciaga, Prada, Burberry and Chloe - not just Chanel :biggrin:

I don't feel this way at all.. For me personally, I'd hate to have a collection of bags from one brand.. But that's just me, there's nothing wrong with having a specific brand that you like. I like to mix it up with other high-end brands to suit all my outfits. I absolutely love Celine, Dior, Balenciaga, Prada, Burberry and Chloe - not just Chanel :biggrin:

Ditto! I love to mix it up with multiple designers. I basically go with what suites my overall look.

Absolutely, would stray to contemporary designers. I'm contemplating a new Michael kors bag that is on pre-order.....haven't pulled the trigger yet bc the website doesn't disclose the dimensions.