Once again.. new hardware??

I love it!! I think that it's the perfect blend of the old and the new...and a clear sign that RM is taking her customer's feedback about what works in an everyday context into account.

Will all the new MAB/MAM have this new hardware which connects the handle to the bag? Personally, I prefer the old style having the leather instead of the flat plate HW.

Loq- I'm not talking about the new "Mix" hardware but rather one small piece on the striped bags.

Mooch- I don't think they will all have this hw. Pretty soon the hw will be a mix of old & new hw and if you look at the lunaboston preview thread you will see that the new bags don't have this same piece. I don't like it either. Maybe it has something to do with the patent leather..? Maybe she can't use the regular piece..?? I don't know.

I personally don't really like it. I know I'm kind of in the minority but I liked the new hardware with the RMs on it. I found it much more sturdy. I also liked the "old" hardware. Not loving this though. Maybe I will feel differently in person (and I'm not really interested in this bag anyway so maybe it won't be on the ones I want!)

littlerock80 - thanks for clarification, yes you're right the new "mix" hardware preview from lunaboston does not have the plate thingy on the handle base. Phew! :smile:

I see what you're talking about. I am wondering if Rebecca did that for just specific bags? I remember the Navy Luxe with the patent trim bag that Megs posted had the same type of hardware and so do the Beau bags.

than maybe itis just a patent bag thing. Maybe the other method of attaching the handles to the bag doesn't work with the patent leather.. you know?

Good eye LR!! I only figured out what you're saying the second time looking at the pics :shame: I also like the old version without the metal plate much more on the MAB, but on the beau the metal piece blends in with the whole bag more... Or it could be just that I haven't seen what the alternative could have been for the beau :hrmm:

^^ Actually though the way the handles are attached to the MA bags is totally different that the way the handles are attached to the Cheri tote so it's hard to really compare the two.

For the original MA bags the leather piece was pulled through the top of the bag..

But for these patent MA bags they are affixed via screws or something to the top of the bag..

For the Cheri tote it is a completely different thing all together.. there is a leather strip affixed to the outside of the bag, for support, that the strap is attached to.

Hope that makes sense.. thank you for your input though it is all appreciated!!