On what planet is it ok (RANT)...

Even we larger women don't like being asked if we're expecting. Some one asked me that once and I came back with "Expecting what?". As far as anyone touching me, they would be drawing back a stump! Even if I know you, that's NOT allowed.
Kate

Anyone with any sense, never asks a woman if she's pregnant; even if she is already having contractions and they have already been told by her husband that she is. That is the sort of information that should only come 'straight from the horse's mouth'.

Which leads me to my question; do you know, for sure, that someone else in the office hadn't goaded her into asking you that, for a 'joke' (to make her look stupid)?

Or maybe she "heard through the grapevine" that you were? (Or maybe she just is an insensitive cow....:yucky:)

At 118, you definitely are NOT fat in any way shape or form!

If I'm curious as to whether or not someone might be pregnant I always strike up a conversation about pets, then ease the conversation into the generalized topic of family/kids. If someone is pregnant, they will be so excited about it that they will invariably tell you at that point.

I would NEVER just ask someone, how rude!!!

I'm thrilled to know that this has happened to women more slender than me. It happened to me when I was 5'4", 135 lbs and had a 26" waist! (along with a j. lo posterior.)

I can't imagine how anyone could have thought that i was pregnant other than the dress that I was wearing had no defined waistline.