On two waitlists at once?

Jan 2, 2008
I am on the Toronto waitlist for the watercolor...but I am right between Detroit and TDot.

I called the 1866 number today and they told me I can not be on two waitlists at once because it will negate my spot as the can't allocate bags properly...

This doesn't make sense...the stores in Canada have diff systems than the USA (as I know you can not use a credit note from USA in Canada)

can you be on two waitlists at the same time? can they tell??

caley

hello!
O.G.
May 1, 2006
its really hard to say. i've read here that some people were "warned" about being on more than one waitlist, then i've read some people getting 3 calls for watercolors.

it might be a scare tactic to get you to stay with one store or they don't want you buying more than 1 LE piece that you could possibly flip on ebay.

hopefully someone who lives in canada can give you a better answer and good luck on your watercolor hunt! :smile:

Jan 18, 2008
I was on two waitlists in Canada and I didn't have any issues getting my WC speedy. I think it is more of a scare tactic as I am not sure how they can tell as I would assume the POS systems would be a bit different between the two countries, plus I think the waitlists are not computerized but kept in a binder...good luck.

tosh

O.G.
Jun 19, 2007
I have been on 3 waitlists for the Millionaire sunglasses because I wasn't sure which stores were getting them.
It turned out that only one of the three got them in, so I was glad that I waitlisted on 3 otherwise I would have missed out.

euroaddict

O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
You're allowed to waitlist with more than one store. I wouldn't make it a habit though because if you keep refusing items that you're waitlisted for when they come in, boutiques might start to not take your requests seriously or they may start to ask for a credit card to secure your place on the list.

Scott.cs

Nov 18, 2006
My SA has wait listed me at multiple stores on several occasions. However, they will only do this for you if you have rank with the company.

You can personally wait list at more than one location, but you run the risk of being banned for future wait lists. Only do this if you absolutely want an item and believe that you will not be able to get it at a later date.

The allocation aspect of wait list item distribution is accurate. It skews the priority result of the list hierarchy if you do not buy the item. Also, if you consistently wait list and do not purchase, they have been known to ban you from future lists.

RedDuchess

In Luv with Louis
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
I wouldn't waitlist through the 866 number, however if you have two SA's at two stores you can waitlist with both of them, I have done this for myself and a relative who doesn't shop LV enough but wants an LE item

photoobsessive

hold me back, girls
Oct 26, 2006
im waitlisted at two stores everytime i want something that comes out.!

and they are IN THE SAME MALL!

the saks installation and the lv boutique.
\
youre damn straight im not taking the chance to miss something special!

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
I honestly don't see a problem with being on two waitlists at once. In fact, my SA always tells me, if I really want something and I can get it elsewhere faster, I should get it there (how sweet is she?) I've been on two waitlists numerous times now and one time I actually had a bag from Edmonton ship to my store in Calgary for me the same day Calgary received THEIR shipment of the same bag and the manager was JUST ABOUT to call me to pick it up...so essentially I had two bags waiting for me at my store! Since I paid for the one from Edmonton already of course I took that one home. The manager didn't give me trouble (but I am a known client there...not saying I'm VIC or anything, just that I knew all the SAs there).

YOU are the consumer and you should be able to do WHATEVER you want (legally, ethically, of course!) to get the product you want.