On The Wings Of Homelessness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, illegals or NOT your Father shouldn't be carrying large sums of cash on him. He's asking for trouble and then if/ when something happens the "illegals" will all be blamed . I'm not digging this thread, so I'm going to...walk away.

Maybe I'm interpreting what you are saying all wrong, but it seems like you pass judgment on quite a lot of people and have a great deal of misconceptions about people's background and how they end up in their particular situations. You're entitled to your opinion, however controversial, incorrect, biased it may be.

Just like the homeless thread, I hope that you will come to realize that "illegal" workers are just trying to do the same thing that "legal" works are - provide for themselves and their family, and have a decent life. If your father has been doing this for years, and has yet to be hurt, robbed, attacked - wouldn't this tell you something about their character? "Illegals" just like "legal" citizens, are trying to make a living, provide for their families, and in many cases, find a better life than what they left behind.

Great post. I am not saying this to be rude, but I can't help but notice that a lot of abbygirl's posts are in regards to people who are obviously in a socioeconomic class below her: the homeless, housekeepers, illegal immigrants... I just wonder why these topics are so appealing for her to discuss.

Why are you talking about them like they're animals? This is the second thread you've started where you simultaneously brag about how kind and generous your family is, while also implying that they are naive and misguided to be helping such "dangerous" people.

This is actually the THIRD thread she's done so. And I agree completely, heartnspade, I don't know what the point of these threads are other than (a) I/my daughter/my family possess such noblesse oblige and aren't we wonderful...

Status
Not open for further replies.