On the Sophia edge

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
Ok I'm on one of those one note bag songs. I'm thinking about buying a Sophia, either with the next PCE if I get one, or waiting til they hit the outlet, which, of course, is the smart thing to do.

But there are an awful lot of choices with this bag. I like the crimson patent a lot and the cobalt patent. For my wardr...obe I should buy black or brown, but I have a black Claire and the bags look really similar, so NO black.

The floral is beautiful but I'm not sure really practical for real every day carrying. Then there is the large versus small issue. I don't want signature, that's decided. But maybe the dotted, don't know. I don't live near a FP or Macy's so no way to look and see in person. Decisions, decisions?

It is such a hard choice! I just purchased my third today (silver) and am so excited! I love the style and would love to have more!! I have the small and would compare it to the Audrey. I have a few of those and I can fit the same amount of stuff in both. As far as narrowing down a color, how about the mahogany or maybe the bone? I saw the bone IRL today and the color reminded me of french vanilla ice cream. Or what about a gathered? The grey is stunning and a neutral that would go with your wardrobe, or the gathered bone? There are just too many choices! GL!!

Sophia is such a gorgeous bag! IMO, it's perfect in terms of size/appearance/functionality. I have 2 patents (crimson and tan), as well as the floral and black/gray gatherereds.

Whoa--just realized that I really have a lot of Sophias!

My recommendations would be for:

1). a patent Sophia (so nice for bad weather; goes with a neutral wardrobe); 2.) a gathered Sophia (so classic and gorgeous--a bag that will truly transcend time).

I'm iffy about this bag, I went and tried it on in the store and for once the large looks too large on me, and the small looks to small on me so I feel torn as to even getting this bag...i may just wait til it hits the outlets cuz I don't know if I can pull this bag off

Hi,
I have the Large Black Gathered Sophia!! She is very classic and stylish. The only negative thing is that when you use the long strap, the bag buckles in the middle. I did add extra trigger snaps to lengthen the strap but it still buckles.
Good Luck on your decision!

Lynne :biggrin: