On the PurseBlog - Real Talk about Sample Sales

PBinsider

Purse Blog Insider
May 9, 2013
This discussion is really hot on the PurseBlog today.

Megs shares her thoughts on the Proenza Schouler sample sale this week.
This Real Talk feature sparked some lively conversations, and I can completely relate to it. I have had similar feelings, and my sample sale days are long behind me.

What about you? Are you still enjoying the frenzied hunt of the sample sale circuit, or has your sale ship sailed?

Join us on the PurseBlog, or right here in this thread to let us know how you feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a big difference between a warehouse sale and a sample sale. I look for the warehouse sales where there is merchandise avail, still new, not handled and torn. I agree that most sample sales are so frenzied and you end up talking yourself into stuff you'll never wear. You may as well leave $50 at the door and not buy anything-you'll still save money. :lol: But, you sure do make good friends standing in that line!!!!

One suggestion I do have, is that I will often ask if there is any other merchandise avail-broken size runs, limited colors etc-new, but avail at wholesale pricing. Usually, this merchandise is priced a bit higher, but still way below retail. And it's new. Timing is everything. You have a better chance of success with this when there's a lull. If you have done your research and know what you're looking for-better yet. You also need to ask the right person.

I recently worked for a clothing designer/manufacturer here in LA and I worked lots of warehouse sales. We had customers that were regulars and some that were nicer than others. I used to bend the rules a bit for some, and I had special items I saved for people like that. I know others do it too. We appreciated those that loved the brand and it was fun to help them get a great deal.

It always amazes me how many times the actual designer/creative team is avail at these sales and it has been fun to meet the face behind the name.

There is a big difference between a warehouse sale and a sample sale. I look for the warehouse sales where there is merchandise avail, still new, not handled and torn. I agree that most sample sales are so frenzied and you end up talking yourself into stuff you'll never wear. You may as well leave $50 at the door and not buy anything-you'll still save money. :lol: But, you sure do make good friends standing in that line!!!!

One suggestion I do have, is that I will often ask if there is any other merchandise avail-broken size runs, limited colors etc-new, but avail at wholesale pricing. Usually, this merchandise is priced a bit higher, but still way below retail. And it's new. Timing is everything. You have a better chance of success with this when there's a lull. If you have done your research and know what you're looking for-better yet. You also need to ask the right person.

I recently worked for a clothing designer/manufacturer here in LA and I worked lots of warehouse sales. We had customers that were regulars and some that were nicer than others. I used to bend the rules a bit for some, and I had special items I saved for people like that. I know others do it too. We appreciated those that loved the brand and it was fun to help them get a great deal.

It always amazes me how many times the actual designer/creative team is avail at these sales and it has been fun to meet the face behind the name.

Both of these are great and happy bonuses, I agree!