On the hunt for the perfect tote & need help.

Jun 29, 2019
I'm looking for black smooth leather or calfskin, very soft, good quality leather, stable bottom & more on the smaller/medium size range since I'm a bit petite & don't want the bag to overwhelm me. I'm open to any price. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Celine small big bag. Super stable bottom. The other celine totes are nice but I don’t think the bottoms are as stable, but someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

It’s really chic on the arm and also has the long strap should you need to throw it on your shoulder.

I use an LV toiletry pouch 26 inside to catch all my little things, wallet phone keys.

if you thread the long strap under the two handles when wearing it on the shoulder, the bag won’t gape open, even if you don’t clasp the inside clasp. Nice trick someone showed me.

Reactions: Sunfall77
People love the totes from Madewell, Everlane, and Cuyana. Celine would be nice as well if you are ok with the brand. My favorite tote is the Hermès Garden Party, but it doesn't come in smooth leather.

My favourite totes are Moyant quattro and celine phantom cabas - though these leathers are slightly grained - my smooth leather tote is the smythson kingly but it seems like the black version has been discontinued. Au depart has some totes as well.