On the hunt for my first Balenciaga....

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ok, so now my new obsession is to purchase a Balenciaga.

(My "obsessions" are so funny. When I find something I like, I literally read EVERYTHING I can and scour the web to find what I am looking for:roflmfao:)

I can't believe I overlooked this brand before, the bags are beautiful!!!

My hubby and I are going to New York at the end of March.

I am trying to decide between a Part Time or a City. Either one I get, I am trying to decide between GGH in anthracite or black.

I think I would prefer one with "feet" if I go the used route, but I know that it difficult to find. There is a GGH black part time on Ebay now, but the handles look a little yucky.

I am 5'9", 130 lbs. and a Mom of a 2 year old and a 4 month old. In black, I have a large Chanel camera bag with antique gold hardware. That's it. No other charcoals or greys.

Which bag do you think I should get??

P.S. I will be so disappointed if I cannot find one in stock when I am there.

Oh, well...the thrill of the hunt!!!

2. Welcome, Lastpurse. I'm on a similar hunt as well! If I can't find what I'm looking for at a boutique, I'll probably end up ordering a 2010 from Balenciaga.com since free shipping is included. Part times and Cities are my favorite in Black GGH, and I'm also lusting after a Weekender or Work in a smooshy Chocolate/Charbon :yes: Good luck!

3. :welcome2: ..............To the World of Balenciaga

4. I would go for PT...
    Even though I am not as tall as you (only 5'4") but I always prefer the size and shape of the PT. Good luck on finding a perfect Bal!

5. I think the PT will definitely give you more room - especially needed with young children. I only have RH bags, but I think a lot of ladies think GH looks better on the PT than the City. Since you are tall (oh, how I wish), the PT will look great on you. I could never get it to work for me and prefer the City, but I am not tall and thin (although I am blond, LOL).

6. Ok, so Part Time it is.....now black GGH or anthracite GGH?????

7. WELCOME!!! :yahoo::yahoo: PT GGH in black!!!

8. I have a GGH Part Time in Anthracite in my shopping bag on bal.com....black is out of stock....

Do I click Purchase or wait???

9. I love the Anthracite color too!! Gorgeous!

10. I'm 5'9" and prefer the part time over the city. Try them on and see which one you like better. The part time def gives you more room which you'll probably need since your kids are little.

Both anthra and black with GGH are gorgeous; buy the one that makes your heart sing! If you want feet you'll probably have to look second hand. I actually prefer the part time without feet. Feet also add weight, just something to be aware of with GH.

Can't wait to see what you end up getting!

11. I would wait until you get to the boutique and try on both bags and see which you prefer. Both are very popular styles but some find the part-time too east/west for them. You're have some nice height so it may not be an issue for you, but trying on the bags will let you know which you prefer. And whether you choose black or anthra, you can't go wrong with either.

12. I may wait if I were you. Anthracite is gorgeous and I have an RH Anthra City, but it is not a true grey. Anthra has blue/green in it depending on the light, and pictures are deceiving, so I don't want you to be expecting a true grey bag. Anthra is beautiful, but you may like the black better if you see it in person. Having said that, black may be harder to find since I think they are making more silver hardware these days than gold. And, I know it is hard to wait :smile:

13. Go in and try before you buy.

I think Part Time in Anthra with GGH would be nice on you.

14. I love Anthracite with GGH, it's a bit "softer" looks than black with gold, in my opinion. I prefer the proportions of the city, wich I think looks great with giant hardware.

15. If you're buying online from Bal, then you can return it (unlike buying in the Bal store where you can only Exchange). I say "buy it!" and you can see if it's what you're hoping for. I love Anthra, but the Black GGH is stunning too. I think you should buy from a store that has a liberal return policy (Bal online, Neiman Marcus, or Saks) if you can't get somewhere to try them on. I didn't think I'd like the PT since it's so East/West, but when the sides start to break in, it looks great. The best thing about the PT versus City is the longer strap (you can wear crossbody).
    Let us know what you decide!