On the hunt for a brown bag!

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
I would love to get some suggestions from you guys!

I am on the hunt for the perfect brown bag. Not to dark, however. I would love something milk chocolateish, caramel, or any nice shade in a lighter brown. Glazed maybe?

I am looking for a shoulder bag. It has to be leather.

I am trying to open up to new brands, so no RM's or Treesje's as I already have gone through my options there. However, preferably brands here on the forum :smile:

Show me what ya got!

Ignes has got some nice shades of brown that aren't too dark. Some leathers that come to mind include Sunflower (more like a caramel), Light Whiskey and Cognac. You can customise any of their styles in these leathers, pending availability, and they definitely have some nice shoulder bags and hobos too (e.g. Emilia, Sofia, Ormala, Chiara -- strap drops can also be customised to your liking, BTW!).

Belen Echandia also has a nice Milk Chocolate Pebbled Glossy/Luxe leather, slightly glazed/shiny and pebbled, but thick and soft. Their shoulder bag styles include the Love Me and Take Me Everywhere, whilst others like the Whisper To Me have shoulder straps for alternative carrying options. The Milk Chocolate Pebbled Glossy leather is limited now, though, but the upside is that BE is currently running a 25% off sale on this leather, and there's enough left for one bag (as of the last update at BE's site).

Jenny Yuen has got a Chestnut leather that looks quite neutral too. I believe it's still available at her website (www.jennywashere.com) in the Gatsby style, which is a great shoulder bag style.

Botkier has got some browns from the Spring '09 season that might fit the bill too (I'm thinking specifically of the Cocoa leather, e.g. in the James tote or Sasha convertible duffel, and the Caramel leather, e.g. in the Venice satchel). They might be a bit tougher to find right now, though.

The Sak also has a couple of nice browns, IMHO, namely Amber and Teak. Teak is darker, though, but not as dark as a dark chocolate leather. The Sak does have some pretty decent reviews, particularly in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/my-cheap-thrill-inspired-by-miley-cyrus-p-339829.html

Hi Bay!!

I would def. try Ignes, Belen Echandia, Botkier, or Bryna Nicole. These are all great brands of high quality at a similar price point to RM and Treesje (except for BE -- it is slightly higher, but there are some great bargains to be had on Bonanzle and *bay now!!). BE choco matte and choco pebbled glossy leather are both AMAZING. And while Byrna Nicole doesn't have her own subforum (yet), she does have an active thread here in the main general subforum. Check it out!

HTH!! :flowers:

All I can say is I love my Chocolate Chloe large Bay. I think its a very 1970s kinda brown. Neither too milk nor plain KWIM - just right.

CHANEL also do some very yummy browns (although I don't have one) and just a little more unusual than black (nearly all mine are BLK)

Good luck with your choice.

I would love a Chloe, but I've had no luck tracking down my HG, a quilted Bay yet so..

Thanks for all your suggestions! I will def take a look at them.

Also, I love Mulberry, but their bags are too heavy for me. And it could be any prince range really :smile:

I second BE. They do a wonderful glossy pebbled leather and a really nice matte choco. Here is a thread w/ pics of brown BE bags. My brown BE is posted in there.

http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-echandia-reference-library/brown-color-family-pics-only-469647.html

There are a few brown BE bags on Bonanzle right now. There is also a really pretty brown Ignes there in a nice style. Starkfan makes a great recommendation w/ Ignes- really great leather choices from them in brown. You can custom order or look for one at another site. (none of bags referenced are my auctions/listings).

Here are the Ignes bags, both brand new, I think:
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/Prad...MIni_Emilia__vintage_Choc_with_Shine__bargain

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/collect_n_more/items/Ignes_Petra_in_Tinted_Chocolate